Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 700 SPS SS or Tika T3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dwighet wrote: »
    cowboy

Now Now Skip, Leave Clive alone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Now Now Skip, Leave Clive alone:D

Its like water off a ducks back for the old boy;)
    You should hear us when were out shootn....

lol

Ah he is not that old, he only looks around 50 or so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

but ask yourself a question ,does he make good soup ? well does he ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jwshooter wrote: »

Just like his father before him

_soupline.gif

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Just like his father before him

_soupline.gif

no stripes on them guys clive .

nope....he does a good sandwich though....
    I must get that recipe off ya for the soup..

lol

Ah he is not that old, he only looks around 50 or so :D
    Stone:D

Stone:D

At least I have an arse to keep me jeans up.:D

Have a look at these vids on a lad with a standard T3 varmint. Hitting Coke cans @800m

http://www.youtube.com/sirslotsalot

• Advertisement

OP consider VSSF II
    Todays bunny 322 yards eating late crop corn.

Hard to see as the mirage was high, but I settled down and took him by using the second cross hair which is 2MOA off my 200 yard zero(I aimed at the top of his head to be sure of drop, and an inch right as there was a light breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

OP consider VSSF II
    Todays bunny 322 yards eating late crop corn.

Hard to see as the mirage was high, but I settled down and took him by using the second cross hair which is 2MOA off my 200 yard zero(I aimed at the top of his head to be sure of drop, and an inch right as there was a light breeze

Tac, we need to go shooting! Havent seen what that yoke of yours is performing like since you got it bedded!

Tac, we need to go shooting! Havent seen what that yoke of yours is performing like since you got it bedded!

Silage fields are a plenty, and fat bunnies on the menu;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Gosh ! thought I was on twitter there :eek: Social networking should be done by PM or on other sites designed for it :P

Gosh ! thought I was on twitter there :eek: Social networking should be done by PM or on other sites designed for it :P

ya some scary profile pics on them social networking sites ;)

ya some scary profile pics on them social networking sites ;)

That there is, that there is......

Back on thread.
    Could a sako action be put into a tikka stock, retro fitted and make the best of both rifles?

That there is, that there is......

Back on thread.
    Could a sako action be put into a tikka stock, retro fitted and make the best of both rifles?

why ?

why ?

I like the sako action, but I prefer the Tikka sock due to the ambidexterity of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Just buy a left-handed Sako and have done with it. Problem solved, all problems solved.

Just buy a left-handed Sako and have done with it. Problem solved, all problems solved.

IWM They don't make nice lefty rifles, only the plain janes come in lefty.
    Most manufactures the same, ah fcuk it, I'm happy with what I got, as they fill the pot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

IWM They don't make nice lefty rifles, only the plain janes come in lefty.
    Most manufactures the same, ah fcuk it, I'm happy with what I got, as they fill the pot ;)

You're joking, right? You've got a VSSF II, but they make the VSF in a lefty version. Sako make the 75 Hunter, but you can always stick a varmint barrel on it if you like, and you're never, ever going to regret buying that (Trust me on that - I did it), Tikka make a load of their models lefty, Savage make nearly everything left-handed, Browning A-Bolt has lefty versions, Sauer, Steyr, Mauser. You can get excellent rifles in any configuration left-handed. No need to cop out and get the righty versions. They're a pain in the hole and if I'm spending my cash, I'm doing it properly. If you do it, you'll never look back. May be down in Midlands next weekend. If you're there, I'll show you the Sako. You'll end up buying one. They're just too good.

You're joking, right? You've got a VSSF II, but they make the VSF in a lefty version. Sako make the 75 Hunter, but you can always stick a varmint barrel on it if you like, and you're never, ever going to regret buying that (Trust me on that - I did it), Tikka make a load of their models lefty, Savage make nearly everything left-handed, Browning A-Bolt has lefty versions, Sauer, Steyr, Mauser. You can get excellent rifles in any configuration left-handed. No need to cop out and get the righty versions. They're a pain in the hole and if I'm spending my cash, I'm doing it properly. If you do it, you'll never look back. May be down in Midlands next weekend. If you're there, I'll show you the Sako. You'll end up buying one. They're just too good.

Won't be there, I'm going down south for the week end.
    I might build a custom stalking rifle down the road, if the funds allow me.

I had a sako before and yes build quality and accuracy was excellant, but I don't like their stocks. (or the barrel length and rifle weight)

I equally want to leave any rifle I have easily sold.
    A lefty is harder sell than a righty, All my rifles are easily swapped with dealers.
    The Sako 75 was a nicer rifle than the 85 IMHO.

I like my Green stocked short barrel VTR. If I could just pimp it a bit it would be better.
    Now I am used to a Karsten on the VSSF II it's hard not to want a cheek support on th VTR.
    Tghe Tikka stock is the closest to what I want but I prefer the sako design.

Can a guy not want his dream stalking rifle ;)?
    This is all pie in the sky, but I have gained a lot of insight by bouncing ideas off others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

I had a sako before and yes build quality and accuracy was excellant, but I don't like their stocks. (or the barrel length and rifle weight)

A lefty is harder sell than a righty, All my rifles are easily swapped with dealers.

I like my Green stocked short barrel VTR. If I could just pimp it a bit it would be better.
    Now I am used to a Karsten on the VSSF II it's hard not to want a cheek support on th VTR.

This is all pie in the sky, but I have gained a lot of insight by bouncing ideas off others.
    Tac are you for real ,So what about the 75 do you like other than the accuracy ,I have had a few and loved there stocks from a hunting point of view :rolleyes:,

pat58 wrote: »
    Tac are you for real ,So what about the 75 do you like other than the accuracy ,I have had a few and loved there stocks from a hunting point of view :rolleyes:,

pat58
    Are you obsessed with following my posts?
    Every post I make you have some school boy snide remark.
    Particularly when you do not know me or my circumstances.

Can you keep your comments on thread here?

your talking pure dung .

the tikka stock is closest to what u want ,u say u prefer the sako design ,there made of the same stuff !.the 85 sin stock is made from the same plastic as the T3 .

you dont like the weight of the sako ,but you are shooting a VRT with a 22x56mm NF on it the weight of a small child .

the barrel length in the 75 ,is ideal for the cal ie. 22.5" in 270 .

your talking pure dung .

the tikka stock is closest to what u want ,u say u prefer the sako design ,there made of the same stuff !.the 85 sin stock is made from the same plastic as the T3 .

you dont like the weight of the sako ,but you are shooting a VRT with a 22x56mm NF on it the weight of a small child .

the barrel length in the 75 ,is ideal for the cal ie. 22.5" in 270 .

My VTR is a lovely handy rifle 20" barrel with 2 " break.
    The shorter the barrel the less weight on the user when aiming from the shoulder.
    law of the lever and all that craic.
    And what's wrong with talking Dung? lots on here do and maintain it's gospel?

I wanted a nicer stock than the grey Sako 75 I had at the time, I got a great deal on a swap for a VTR and a NF swap on a Nikon with out spending much money.
    Suited me , not everyone.
    I fire rifle from the left shoulder, but I have had right handed rifles all my life so i don't want to change as all the NON Custom Lefty rifles I have seen i did not find aesthetically pleasing.

Horses for courses JW, i would never buy a defender but you and several others I know swear by them.
    Horses for courses.;)

My VTR is a lovely handy rifle 20" barrel with 2 " break.
    The shorter the barrel the less weight on the user when aiming from the shoulder.
    law of the lever and all that craic.
    And what's wrong with talking Dung? lots on here do and maintain it's gospel?

I wanted a nicer stock than the grey Sako 75 I had at the time, I got a great deal on a swap for a VTR and a NF swap on a Nikon with out spending much money.
    Suited me , not everyone.
    I fire rifle from the left shoulder, but I have had right handed rifles all my life so i don't want to change as all the NON Custom Lefty rifles I have seen i did not find aesthetically pleasing.

Horses for courses JW, i would never buy a defender but you and several others I know swear by them.
    Horses for courses.;)

it has a 22" barrel on the vtr

it has a 22" barrel on the vtr

20" Rifling the integrated break makes it 22"
    Still a small neat rifle;)

And it's my fav colour Green ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Choosing a Remmy over a Sako 75 :rolleyes:

The colour of the stock is your overriding decision making point :rolleyes:

You know nothing about firearms.

• Advertisement

:D
    20" Rifling the integrated break makes it 22"
    Still a small neat rifle;)

And it's my fav colour Green ;)

its a 22" barrel end of ...,you like the stock on the remmi and vtr or what ever its called over a sako .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Advertisement