Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 700 SPS SS or Tika T3?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Seamus357 wrote: »
    I have tried a number of gun dealers now and they are all saying that the there is a long lead time on Tikka T3 orders. One gun dealer said it could be 6 months. Has anyone had a similar problem with Tikka T3's?

you should give sean a shout in Atlantic shooting and fishing, he recently got in a couple of tikka tactical's and he has a couple of other models in stock. inc t3 lite, t3 varment etc
    worth a call and he's a nice guy to boot.
    059 9179984

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Seamus357

I tried calling Atlantic Shooting And Fishing a couple of times today. The phone rang out. I used the number in the phone book; (059)9179984.
    Is this the correct number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I tried calling Atlantic Shooting And Fishing a couple of times today. The phone rang out. I used the number in the phone book; (059)9179984.
    Is this the correct number?

It works for me anyway have you tried this number yet

I put a down payment on a Tikka T3 Tactical in .308 a few weeks ago. I got the approval letter a few days ago.
    Now I'm wondering about scopes and mounts for it. I am thinking of buying a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40mm Riflescope. The seller recommends Weaver mounts but he said they come in two sizes. I need to know the width of the top rail on the Tikka.
    Can anyone tell me if the width of the Picatinny rail on the Tikka T3 Tactical? Is it 7/8" wide or 1" wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

T3 tacticals come with a picatinny rail, I have warne quick release mounts on mine, good quality, no complaints yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

murph226 wrote: »
    T3 tacticals come with a picatinny rail, I have warne quick release mounts on mine, good quality, no complaints yet!

+1 on the warne mounts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can anyone tell me if the width of the Picatinny rail on the Tikka T3 Tactical? Is it 7/8" wide or 1" wide?

Most picatinny rails are 20mm in width so 7/8" would be your man.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks ezridax.
    The warne mounts sound good. Are they compatible with Bushnell Elite 4200 6–24X40mm Riflescope?
    What width is the Picatinny rail on your Tikka T3 Tactical murph226?

Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

afaik all picatinny rails are a standard size and you shouldnt have any problem getting Warne mounts for that scope, what size tube is it, 30mm?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The warne mounts sound good. Are they compatible with Bushnell Elite 4200 6–24X40mm Riflescope?

Once they are weaver style rings they'll fit the picatinny rail.

It doesn't mayyer what scope you have. You smply decide on the style of rings you want then get 25mm or 30mm rings at the height you want (.885" - 1" - 1.125" - 1.25").
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement