Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day One , not just weight loss, a complete life change

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Well decided to start my log here.

Sex: Male
    Weight: 17 Stone 2 Pounds (Yes I really am that fat!!!)
    Height: 6 foot 2
    Waist: 38 Inches
    Current Diet: Too much crisps,Indians,Takeaways, Ice Cream, Bread, Cheese, all the usual crap.

I start my new regeime tomorow morning;

Starting off with a 5 mile walk every AM whilst a new daily calorie intake of 900 cals per day for the next 10 days.

Starting new gym membership on June 7th (Can't wait) at which stage I will increase calorie intake to suplement new workout plan.

I will try keep this up to date as much as possible with end date being July 24th.

Wish me luck!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Starting off with 900cal sounds like a very bad idea.

You should calculate the amount of cals you require based on where you are now and the activities you will do over the next week or two.

reduce by a % and re-evalute every week or two.

starting off starving yourself isn't going to do you any favours

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

have a read of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Max1984

Hi thanks for the reply, I 100% agree with your post in the long run and trust me I will be adopting that strategy when I use the gym in 10 days time. I 100% agree with you.

But for the first ten days I am sticking to 900 cals per day.

By the way thank you for that link for daily requirements, I am going to use that when I start gym workout.

Thanks for that,
    Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

max, i dont think you understand, for a man of your weight( or any weight) especially, 900 calories is dangerous, you will force your body into starvation and it will cling on to as many fat cells as possible. even for 10 days it will not be healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Listen to the advise being given Max. 900kcals a day is not only stupid, it's dangerous!

You won't last 10 days and you will end up putting more weight on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Max1984

Just weighed myself out of interest and I weigh 17 Stone bang on, 2 pounds in less than 24 hours, its just water loss Im sure but its going the right way. Im going to weight myself on Monday, no point doing it everyday, will just annoy myself, Will post again on Monday when I hope to be at 16 stone 7 pounds

Advertisement