Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online shop for small business

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section but I am looking for something for my aunt. Basically she owns a small Boutique Clothes shop, and she wants a website/ online shop where she can manually update stock (price, pics etc.). I know there are various companies online that provide a service, where it would be a certain monthly price, you pick a template/ format etc from various designs. Am i making sense?

Can anyone recommend what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Zen Cart is very good. Its easy to install and easy to modify even if you are not very good at programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

but43r wrote: »
    Zen Cart is very good. Its easy to install and easy to modify even if you are not very good at programming.

That looks good dude, My aunt would have zero knowledge tho. Do you know of any other solutions? one that is completely online would be great, thanks again

Edit: anyone hear of this one actually? http://www.freewebstore.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Does she want to sell things online?

I think there's a few things out there like shopify.com that's a hosted service that might suit. They take a commission on all sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

p wrote: »
    Does she want to sell things online?

I think there's a few things out there like shopify.com that's a hosted service that might suit. They take a commission on all sales.

yea, she wants to sell stuff online. shopify.com eh, i'll check it out, thanks

Advertisement