Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side in Galway

Options
  • 25-05-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

I've recently moved down to Galway, and was always used to having a game of 5-a-side twice a week. Keeps you fit, meet new people, and good old banter and crack.

How would you Galway boardsies feel about a game of 5 or 6 or 7-a-side of a Saturday evening? What facilities are there? Is there another boardsie organising stuff?

Be great to get one going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There are a few places around Galway for five-a-side games. The most obvious one is Drom but there's also Mervue United.

I used to play regularly in Drom when I was living in Galway. There's been a few threads about joining games on here in the past. I used to play on a Monday and a Wednesday evening. If either of those suit you I can ask the lads that I used to play with how they are fixed for another player and you can exchange numbers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I know of a few boardsies that play in regular games. I'm not involved in any atm so I'm not the person to ask, but facilities wise you have
    • Salthill Devon - Lots of cages, a bit out of the way though.
    • Mervue United - 4 cages and also a full size pitch (hockey) that can be hired by the half-pitch.
    • Galway Hibernians, Bohermore - One longish pitch with standalone goals that can be moved to suit 4 - 7-a-side.
    • Oranmore - Two 5-a-side cages
    I'm sure there are a few others but those are the main ones that I can think of.

I think you're probably better off joining another game rather than starting your own as there might not be that many looking for another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Markesmith>>> We play in Oranmore Monday 9.30 & Thursday 6.00 if you're interested.

Advertisement