Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Guitar Class for begineer?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

hey all, i have the acoustic guitar for the last couple of years but for one reason or another i have never been able to get into learning it properly due to final year college, travelling abroad for a while, etc but now have free time in the evening ans really want to learn to play properly so today i replaced the broken nut on it and threw on a new set of strings. Strummed away for a little on some basic songs. I can tell you my fingers will need to harden up for it quick.

Anyways. I would like a guitar class in south dublin and i am hoping someone can recommend one?? an hour or two a week would be great. I want to learn good technique and scales and so forth. defnitely a begineer class would be the best thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Im not in dublin, but rather than a class you should look for 1 to 1 lessons , much better way of learnin , classes are just so difficult as everyone is on a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 franamico

chris85 wrote: »
    hey all, i have the acoustic guitar for the last couple of years but for one reason or another i have never been able to get into learning it properly due to final year college, travelling abroad for a while, etc but now have free time in the evening ans really want to learn to play properly so today i replaced the broken nut on it and threw on a new set of strings. Strummed away for a little on some basic songs. I can tell you my fingers will need to harden up for it quick.

Anyways. I would like a guitar class in south dublin and i am hoping someone can recommend one?? an hour or two a week would be great. I want to learn good technique and scales and so forth. defnitely a begineer class would be the best thing.

Have you tried online guitar lessons?
    Jamorama would be perfect for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you wait till the school terms start up again, look up Cabinteely Community School's evening classes, there's a teacher there called Dermot Byrne who I had classes with, he was excellent. Teaches within a group context really well, and you pick things up very fast. Thats where I got started.

He teaches in a few other schools as well, and I'm sure somewhere over the summer. You could try asking him where and when he'll be teaching - http://www.dermotbluesbyrne.com/contact.php

He doesn't teach blues particularly, just familiar songs, basic rhythm/strumming up to some picking. You'll be playing tunes in no time.

Advertisement