Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice on physical ed at ul?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello everyone/anyone!

can someone please tell me just how competitive the bachelor of science in physical ed at ul is?

i would like to apply for entry in 2011. at the moment im on the dole and while i havent done ANYTHING in anyways related to physical ed as regards courses ect...im now 30! over the hill perhaps to be even thinking of this course, but i reckon id really enjoy it!

i was thinking of attending a fas course in outdoor activities for the year and also attending an access course for subjects like biology ect....would anyone have any advice on courses i could be doing for the next year that would make my application stronger?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    also, to anyone who is or has completed the course, could you give me alittle insight as to what it was like to study?

thanks a mil!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's a fairly big class, about 60 and it can be fairly competitive.
    If you're in Limerick CCl do a Sports& Recreation course which kinda covers a lot of bases. It's more so for those who want to go on to personal training but that is a part of the PE course. Brushing up on human biology is a good idea as they class do study the body to a very in depth level. Also, if you know what you want as your elective I'd start prepping for that too.
    I'm in Science Ed but I'm friends with a few PE teachers and we have the same education modules. They all love it. It's tough work and people often call them 'glorified referees' but they do have to work really hard. If you're willing to give it your all then there's no stopping you :) Look it up on the ul website and email the course director with any questions, they're always willing to help!!
    Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkcat

aw thank you so much for replying sarahbeep!!
    your a star! people are so helpful, it blows me away every time.

ive just emailed ann macphail so fingers crossed she'll be able to help me out. what an adventure, its all very exciting.

thanks again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Yea Id say do a PLC in sport and rec to test your aptitude for study in the area and prove to the college that you can cope with academics. Also the sports studies and PE degree in UCC takes a few PLC graduates with excellent results so this would give you another chance besides putting all your eggs in the UL basket.

Advertisement