Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panniers and rack for specialized tricross?

• 25-05-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi
    Could anyone recommend a set of Panniers and rack for specialized tricross?
    online or in the local shop.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭weaselman

Hi Don, I got Tubus racks for my tricross and can't recommend them enough. They're really sturdy and come with a 10 year warranty. They're a bit expensive but as with most things, paying the extra cost is worth it in the end.

Back - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Tubus_Logo_Rear_Rack/5360025255/

Front - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Tubus_Ergo_Lowrider_Front_Rack/5360025262/

I read a few forums on they were recommended by a lot of people. I found them a bit tricky to get on but that was mainly due to my stupidity more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I use a Tortec Ultralite on both my tourer and my Tricross commuter. Great rack at a great price, have thousands of km on it now without issue. Very light and easy to fit.

The panniers I have I got years ago second hand and have been discontinued- Ortleib are a commonly suggested waterproof brand these days but you can certainly get cheaper. CRC have a very cheap pair for example. My own panniers are not waterproof; I carry plastic bags in them.

th_tricross_mudguards_01.jpg th_carryfreedom_1.jpg th_Van_Nicholas_Amazon_1.jpg th_IMG_0826.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I do the plastic bag trick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

Thanks a mil guys,
    Can you recommned the best child seat to get and if you can use them with the rack on , I have seen some child seats that you can attach to a rack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

blorg wrote: »
    I use a Tortec Ultralite on both my tourer and my Tricross commuter. Great rack at a great price, have thousands of km on it now without issue. Very light and easy to fit.

The panniers I have I got years ago second hand and have been discontinued- Ortleib are a commonly suggested waterproof brand these days but you can certainly get cheaper. CRC have a very cheap pair for example. My own panniers are not waterproof; I carry plastic bags in them.

th_tricross_mudguards_01.jpg th_carryfreedom_1.jpg th_Van_Nicholas_Amazon_1.jpg th_IMG_0826.jpg
    blorg can you tell me is that a van nichloas amazon touring bike if so can you tell me whats it like loaded up ,im seriously thinking of buying one next year.would you recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have an old version of this rack
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Topeak_Super_Tourist_Rear_Rack/4000000148/#more
    which has given thousands of miles of sturdy service with my Vaude bags, as well as carrying shopping, people and drunk people.

Advertisement