Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clueless on TAX

• 25-05-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a letter 2 weeks ago from the revenue with 4 tax return forms for 2006,2007,2008,2009,and I can barley read the dam things, never mind figure out what to put down. I am on LTD for the past 15 years with MS, and am technically still employed by my original employer, who sends me a payslip every 2 weeks. The letter stated I had been randomly selected for scrutiny by the revenue. I have not been doing tax returns for years, as this was handled by my employer. Is there any agency who could help me with this problem, or do I need to employ an accountant. How long to I have before they get nasty.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Normally if your return is straight forward and you have no accounts to prepare a visit to your local revenue office may help. They will help you fill out the forms or at very least explain them to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭DoMyBooks

I would suggest talking to an Accountant or Tax consultant to ensure everything is up to date and getting the forms filled in correctly. If there is an error the penalties are a lot less if you inform them rather than them finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Thanks for the replies,
    Where would I find my nearest revenue office......Im in Rathmines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

If you go to www.revenue.ie and in the bottom right hand corner of the home page is a contact locator. Input your PPS number in there and it will tell you your local office address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Your local office (for Rathmines) is 85/93 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2. This office is not open to the public.

There are 2 "Call - In" offices - Cathedral Street, Dublin 1, And another in the Square Shopping Centre in Tallaght, D24.

Hope this helps.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement