Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fight in peoples park

Options
  • 25-05-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

about 6 lads kicked and boxed one poor fella for about 2-3 minutes, gave him a right hiding, park keeper could do nothing, nobody could really do anything because it was a gang, they just walked away then, all in there early 20's, saw two guards on bicycles about 10 minutes later talking to the fella that was beaten up, anyone see it happening, near enough the packed playground, dont know if they caught the scum, i phoned henry street when it happened but didnt hear if they were caught

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I was in the park at about 5.30pm this evening. Two Gardai on bikes cycling around the place. They passed the bandstand where a bunch of young guys and girls were lying on grass. They started slagging the two gardai about them not having cars and asking them did they have any hash. One of the Gardai was slagging them back and having a laugh. All fine, community relations, you might think. But these guys were openly drinking in the park and one of them was pouring a can of beer into a pint glass while joiking with the Gardai.

I understand the Gardai should exercise leniency but I thought they were way too friendly with a bunch of young people in breach of a Park ordinance which is there to safeguard the many kids who were also there watching the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I was in the park at about 5.30pm this evening. Two Gardai on bikes cycling around the place. They passed the bandstand where a bunch of young guys and girls were lying on grass. They started slagging the two gardai about them not having cars and asking them did they have any hash. One of the Gardai was slagging them back and having a laugh. All fine, community relations, you might think. But these guys were openly drinking in the park and one of them was pouring a can of beer into a pint glass while joiking with the Gardai.

I understand the Gardai should exercise leniency but I thought they were way too friendly with a bunch of young people in breach of a Park ordinance which is there to safeguard the many kids who were also there watching the football.

Jesus wept sure no wonder they have no respect for the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

And goes some way towards explaining why we have broken glass all over our Parks and Green areas...... Often they forget to pack their rubbish and bring it with them to dispose of it properly......(Sarcasm BTW Mick Kelly!!!)

I was in the Peoples Park a while back around midday and there was a nice fight happening then also - Same in Shelbourne Road Park about the same time of day a few months later- Sun daffodils, kids playing and 10 Scumbags leathering the shít out of each other - Ok Kids time to leave early again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Raiser wrote: »
    ...... Often they forget to pack their rubbish and bring it with them to dispose of it properly......

That is disgraceful. It is time for people to take a stand against such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Millie wrote: »
    Jesus wept sure no wonder they have no respect for the Gardai.

The guards have dug their own grave with that aspect tbf, cracking jokes instead of skulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

They should take some notes from the cops in the north. No ****e taken there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Yeah, get the ice cream vans in, that'll learn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

When I clicked the thread I thought there was gonna be a boxing match in the peoples park...ahhhh well

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When I clicked the thread I thought there was gonna be a boxing match in the peoples park...ahhhh well

You could probably have a wino royal rumble if you bought them a few cans

Advertisement