Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek late pubs/nightclubs

Options
  • 25-05-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi

I will be in Belfast on a Wednesday night in a few weeks for a gig in the Odyssey and just wondering what places are good to go out after it.

The later they open the better but if possible I want somewhere that plays alternative/rock music.

Thanks

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

Going with Katie Dalys myself ... Belfast ain't great for late, late drinking.
    Wednesday just isn't a good night, it seems to be hearing rock. Hopefully someone has the smarts to see PJ are in town & put some after on.

Fill up your hotel fridge before you head to the gig. Its our plan anyway.

http://www.viewbelfast.co.uk/pubsandbars/katy-dalys-info-43137.html

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭damul

must enquire do Jury's have a decent residents bar so and also bring beer, Im driving up anyway so easy enough to bring it back if I find anywhere

when I saw them in Manchester last year we managed to stay drinking in pubs/clubs until around 5 as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Take it you are going to pearl jam? If you are finished anyway early you can get drinks in the oddessy, there are a few bars and clubs but they wouldnt be that great, not really your style from what music you are into. Like another poster said katy dalys might be a good shout for you as far as the music and crowd goes, not far from the oddesy but it wont stay open late.

Few late niteclubs you could go to:

Rain - niteclub that stays open quite late, decent size, two floors one, downstairs tends to be variety of styles but they do play quite a bit of rock from what i remember on certain nights, upstairs is more a mix of hip hop/r & b and dance. Would be a personal favourite of mine, definatly does stay open late and quite close to oddesy

Thompsons - niteclub that stays open up very late is right in the city centre beside city hall, almost always rap/r & b/hip hop and dance music, quite small, if you like that kinda music though it is good, always pleanty of taxis about at all times.

I'm going, id say our plan of attack will be cans/ general carryouts in my gaff, head down 2 hours to an hour before pearl jam, either go straight out after the concert or get back to mine for an hour and head to rain about 12-ish, could probably squeeze later if ya wanted. That or go to katy dalys and head onto rain if you havent got your fill of booze ;) all these locations would be a £5 taxi between each other at the absolute max, getting about belfast is not too expensive, also ask the taxi men, they're very clued in about the diffrent spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭damul

Thanks weemcd

I am actually going to the Dublin gig as well

Not sure how early Ill get to Belfast on the day but Ill be driving so should be well in time for pre gig drinks

Staying in Jurys and I might just stock up on drinks and have them in the car just in case

Advertisement