Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broad Band,Who gives you the best deal ?

• 26-05-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I've been changing and swapping broadband over the past couple of years, Ok it's come down quiet a bit in price. What annoys me is when you change say for €50 a month, it never works out around the €50, it's always €60+. we' are all making cut backs with Sky- Moblie phone suppliers and Broadband

Can some of you guys suggest a good supplier with a fast broadband and a decent price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It depends where you live. The bigger the area / city / town, the more choice you will have. I get broadband from Fastcom as there is no-one else who supplies it around here. It's €35 a month for 3mb & the speeds are usually OK, though can drop at peak times at the weekend.

And as for cutbacks for TV & phone... if you have a Sky box, dump it in the bin & get a Freeview box for under €100 & connect it to the dish (same cable). And Tesco mobile are the cheapest I've used - excellent coverage too as they use the 02 network - I used to be on Meteor & it was awful and more than twice the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

NTL are the cheapest and fastest if you can get em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I'd go with UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And as for cutbacks for TV & phone... if you have a Sky box, dump it in the bin & get a Freeview box for under €100 & connect it to the dish (same cable).

1) That's illegal. You can't put electronics in the bin
    2) The Sky box is very easy to use and can give UK EPG without a sub. Why waste €100 unless you want a 2nd TV. (Multiple output LNB required)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

And as for cutbacks for TV & phone... if you have a Sky box, dump it in the bin...

Why dump it in the bin and pay waste charges when you can recycle it for free?

watty wrote: »
    1) That's illegal. You can't put electronics in the bin

Oh yeah - like the bin police are gonna find out!

Anyway - I just meant to get rid of it. Sky boxes are great, but if you're trying to save money, a freeview box is a one off payment without a monthly subscription fee & has more or less the same channels as a basic Sky subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Oh yeah - like the bin police are gonna find out!

Anyway - I just meant to get rid of it. Sky boxes are great, but if you're trying to save money, a freeview box is a one off payment without a monthly subscription fee & has more or less the same channels as a basic Sky subscription.

Why bin it when it does the same thing as a FTA box? Only difference between a Sky Box and a FTA box is the ability to re-arrange channels on a FTA box, but You soon get used to it. Its very handy for the other rooms in the house, You get the same channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky Digibox
    Yes, it's sufficient to ditch the subscription and then read here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

To see how to get missing free channels and/or UK Program guide.

It's not like Cable where UPC owns the box and there are no free channels.

Advertisement