Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question...

Options
  • 26-05-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

What editing facilities, be it online or offline, are in IADT? Is it all FCP or have ye got an Avid setup?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Richy06 wrote: »
    What editing facilities, be it online or offline, are in IADT? Is it all FCP or have ye got an Avid setup?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

In the Atrium it's Final Cut Pro and Express, Pro Tools for audio editing up in the Quadrangle as well as a ton of other little synthesisers. Apart from that I've no idea, i've not been in the film-making area of the college yet and couldn't tell you.

A film-making student or two might pop into this thread and answer your question better than I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Cool thanks. I'm just trying to see does any other college besides Limerick IT have an Avid Media Composer/Unity Server system!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Film & TV use Avid DV Xpress for year 1 and 2 and Media Composer for 3 and 4. We also have some FCP set-ups. And as Rhyme says there's a room full of FInal Cut Studio machines in the Atrium. There is an editshare system too (but I'm not too sure of the specs).

If there's something specific you need to know PM me and I'll find out.

Advertisement