Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotmail Account Recovery?????

• 26-05-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello all!!!
    I'm not sure if this query is in the right forum but feel free to move it if its not.
    I have been having a lot of trouble lately with my hotmail account. Some people in my contact list were getting emails from my email address but which were not sent by me. I changed my password but it continued, changed my password again but its still happening and whats worse is I have forgot what my latest password change is!!!!!!
    I tried to recover my password using the personal question route but it still wont work. I have also tried to use the "account password recovery" in the windows solution center. It asks you to supply a contact email so an agent can converse with you about your email activity and you also abvioulsy have to supply the address of the account your trying to recover but when I enter this it says the address isnt valid which is more or less saying the account never existed!!!!!
    I know this is a very long winded and confusing question but does anyone know what other options I have?? Can hotmail be contacted by telephone?? I havent seen a number anywhere.
    I really need to access this account soon as it contains some very important emails.
    All ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://ask-leo.com/ive_forgotten_the_answer_to_my_msn_hotmail_secret_question_and_my_password_what_do_i_do.html

I'd say get a contact number and try that. Their support can probably access it for you and reset the password.

Also you can try here, http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If you keep changing your password and the strange emails are still being sent then you might possibly have a keylogger of some sort on your PC. You should scan for viruses/malware using malwarebytes or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I had to have them reset mine before...they will ask you a series of question like..the name of your folders...recent emails..who emails you the most etc..you should be able to sort it out in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

Sorry folks but my computer ignorance is starting to show now!!!
    Whats the difference between a hotmail address and a "windows live id". It keeps asking me for the address of the account i'm trying to recover which is a hotmail account but when I enter that it says "please enter a valid live id account"?????
    Any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I pretty certain they are one and the same but I could be wrong about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

I pretty certain they are one and the same but I could be wrong about that?
    Yeah they are the same thing.

Advertisement