Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy books in Cork?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good spot for buying books cheapin Cork? Any particular shops or markets that I'm yet to come across? My wallet just can't keep up with my reading, so in need of a place to grab bargains; new or secondhand, I'm not fussy...

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coltay

the shelf on georges quay,

2 second shops on douglas(directly behind georges quay). thats 3 in a couple of feet of each other.

i think their is one barrack st.

and one in the english market area. go in thru the entrance on patricks next to burger king. its just there

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

There's the one next to the entrance to Paul St. shopping centre, I buy in there a good bit myself and the staff are friendly enough and have a good idea of what's in stock.

Also you can't forget about Vibes & Scribes on Bridge St., it's the second hand half of the store. Excellent selection in there but you have to poke around and hope because they don't really have a concrete idea of what they have in stock.

Anyway they're the two I go to mostly.

I think tho that you should try any car boot sale, there's usually people at them looking to flog books, and thye take any bit for them. There's a few coming up over the next few weeks around cork too, just keep your eyes open for local advertising.

Anyway happy reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

There's a junk shop down in Midleton behind the Park Hotel who got a lot of book's from US army and navy libraries, It's been a long time since I've been there so I don't know what he has left but I bought around 60 or 70 books off him in the past which he sold according to their size so I got some serious value.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

As far as I can see there are no good places to buy cheap books in Cork. My advice is do what I do. Write out a list of books you want and buy them, we'll say ten at a time, on Amazon from second hand sellers. The last time I think I got 11 books in good condition, delivered promptly to my door for around 40euro.

Advertisement