Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Friendly Pubs

Options
  • 26-05-2010 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Will the pubs in Ireland, particularly city centres, be safe for French Supporters during the world cup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think so.

Especially if playing England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Despite what the media say there are no real hard feelings any more. In fact its mostly forgotten about, unfortunately there is always the unpredictables that are looking for trouble no matter the occasion...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm sure you'd be fine in most pubs, just try to avoid those where you'd get really really drunk people.

though every time you go to the bar to get a pint someone might shout 'handball' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So what's the score then with the 'Henry incident', will ye all still support France :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I would think most pubs would be fine. Most people are smart enough to understand you personally are not Thiery Henry...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'd be careful not to rub it in or anything but it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The 'Towers' in Ballymun would be a perfect place to go and watch football. Make sure to wear your French jersey, they're a very multicultural bunch up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Camelot wrote: »
    So what's the score then with the 'Henry incident', will ye all still support France :cool:
    Henry incident or not, I wouldn't have be supporting them even if they qualified in a different group.

Advertisement