Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager Live - Anyone interested or already playing ?

• 26-05-2010 6:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

I'm always surprised there's very little talk on the Soccer forums about FML (Football Manager Live). Reckon 90% of you on here would be addicted to it in less than a week :D

All my game time previously spent playing Wow is now well and truly gone and continuing to go to FML so that's saying something if another game can drag me away from Wow. Huge bonus that it's football related too.

It's recently (March) been relaunched after a complete reset and there are now two gameworld types (each gameworld if I'm correct can hold 1,500 active managers, could be 1,000 though, not 100% on that) - Fantasy Players and Returning Stars.

Returning Stars has real world player names and stats and Fantasy Players are just that, made up players with randomised stats.

I'm currently playing on two gameworlds, Voller and Happel and both are Fantasy Player gameworlds (as they're a lot harder and require more tactical and technical thinking than Returning stars, which just uses the same database of players from the football manager game itself).

Happel is a brand new gameworld and currently in off season (I think the new season starts this Friday). There's a fair few Irish lads on Happel also and a decent bit of banter in the chat between us all :)

Would love to see more Irish people join the game on Happel if you are interested, could get a fair aul bunch of us playing and chatting together (chat is text based btw in specific chatrooms within the game, not voice based) and maybe making a few competitions between us all.

If you do happen to join or are already there, post your teamname and I'll add you as a friend, help with tactics, picking senior and youth squads as well as anything else you might need help with. I can also help with Judging Potential of any youths you have or might be interested in as I have Judging Potential 5 learned (highest level) so gives the most accurate reading.

There is a football manager forum hidden away in the games section on boards but it's so far deep in the forum there and nobody ever posts on it, that and it's about football manager rather than football manager live.
    FML is more a dedicated or football enthusiasts game and I hope people don't mind me mentioning it on the Soccer forum here.

For those of you interested at all, their main site is http://www.footballmanagerlive.com/ to get much more detailed info.

It's not free though, you pay 5 pounds Sterling a month to play, but, in the grander scheme of online games it's not that expensive for the amount of time you'll be playing it.

Oh and don't bother buying it on Steam, you can download the game itself for free from their site and you just pay then the monthly fee.

Join Happel though please if you do decide to play as the more Irish there the better :D

One more thing, don't expect a superstar team in your first season, it requires a lot of thought and tactical football knowledge to build a team from scratch (and of course buying or signing the players you need for your tactics) but don't get put off by it, it's very very rewarding (in a geeky kind of way I guess) to see your youth players develop from age 15 to playing in your senior team (if you haven't sold them for profit by then that is).

My teamname on there is "Ballymun" and eh, take your time picking your teamname as you can't change it afterwards. My other choices were "AC a little silhoutte of Milan" or "Pants UTD" but someone had already picked those :(

Oh, they've also introduced Youth Academies in the relaunch, still a lot to be done to improve them but it's cool to get youth players from whatever country you build the academy in and then try to develop them over the seasons - just don't pick Brazil or the other usuals (Argentina etc.,) as they're normally flooded with Academies from other managers, which dilutes the quality of the youths you could possibly get from your own academy there.

If you've any questions etc., I'll try answer best I can. I've been playing since the game relaunched in March and for about a year or so before that too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I used to play a whil eback but got a bit frustrated with it. has it improved much since the reset? Thinking of going back but i'd prefer to play in a fantasy gameworld, think the real names gives people too many advantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah it has improved an awful lot. In the past it was almost impossible to catch up with others who were seasons ahead of you but they've made huge changes to the system so now everyone has a chance due to the ranking, reputation and financial changes.
    That along with high rep players you might sign asking for hugely discounted wages for lower rep teams (newer teams).
    So a top player would ask maybe 30k in wages from a high rep team but only maybe 5k from a lower rep team. Balance everything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd play if it was free, tbh.

Signed back up last nigt, missed the start of the season but means I can spend the first few weeks getting the team in shape. To my surprise I had 2,000,000 skill points form my last time, I was able to up my manager skills very quickly, have to say I really enjoyed it last night.

Got my whole team on just over 30,000 a day and all high teamwork and work rate, tackling etc. I don't score many but makes my team hard to beat, just going to concentrate on finding a couple of youths and my team will be ready for the following season.

Great thing is I will probably go into the lower league, gives me a good chance of getting a league or cup.

What Gameworld did you join Fitze ?

Join the Reception FA if you join in a gameworld mid-season as the mods will place you in official comps for the remainer of the season so at least you get rep and money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I played it for a while when it was still in beta.

I didn't like the way that you couldn't queue up your manager skills that you were training.

Has that changed?

Yep, that's another of the small (but major) changes that were made, you can now que up skills to learn them.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    What Gameworld did you join Fitze ?

Join the Reception FA if you join in a gameworld mid-season as the mods will place you in official comps for the remainer of the season so at least you get rep and money.

I'm in something begining with a B, I'm in the Reception FA not sure what way it works, I'm in a coupl of unofficial tournaments as well.

I Think its Belanov.

You joined a Returning Stars Gameworld then. Did it not give you a choice of joining Happel when you signed up ?
    They might have automatically placed you in Belanov since you'd already had the account with them. You can apply to their support site to have yourself moved to Happel if you wanted, just say you've a couple friends there plus you wanted to join a Fantasy Players gameworld rather than returning stars.

Then again, you might prefer returning stars and that gameworld :)

If you ever see Samba (Central Defender) up for auction or on the free agents list on Belanov, bid everything you have on him as he's scoring 2 or 3 goals a game from corners due to his jumping, heading and strength :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement