Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent places to stay near drogheda M1 retail park

Options
  • 26-05-2010 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

ill be moving to work in the above location. Are there rough areas in drogheda i should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

In town you will be close to Boyne Meadow and Tullybrook ,2 nice estates

You could also stay anywhere in Tullyallen,the nearest village, nice place

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Agree with Tullyallen, its walkable to the M1 retail park also, as is Mell, Balgathern and Slane Road area of Drogheda. PErsonally i would avoid areas like Moneymore and Brookville but thats just personal opinion of the area and not of the people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Assuming you drive, you can get to M1 retail park in 10 minutes from just about anywhere in Drogheda. Small town Nice sized place, should be a city really! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

gibo_ie wrote: »
    Agree with Tullyallen, its walkable to the M1 retail park also, as is Mell, Balgathern and Slane Road area of Drogheda. PErsonally i would avoid areas like Moneymore and Brookville but thats just personal opinion of the area and not of the people!!

Ummm... I live in Brookville and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it!
    Obviously a far sider! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i live in tenure its a village about 10 minutes north of drogheda and its fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I knew someone from tullyallen, the estate is very nice! Its close to the retail park but far enough away to not be part of drogheda. Best of both worlds... if you're driving its only about 5 mins from retail park and still close to motorway if you want to escape from the constant traffic jam, horrible accents and snotty nosed locals!

Is any job worth living in Drogheda tho? Must be good money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

bigneacy wrote: »
    I knew someone from tullyallen, the estate is very nice! Its close to the retail park but far enough away to not be part of drogheda. Best of both worlds... if you're driving its only about 5 mins from retail park and still close to motorway if you want to escape from the constant traffic jam, horrible accents and snotty nosed locals!

Is any job worth living in Drogheda tho? Must be good money?

So much wrong with this dribble.....since when did Tullyallen become demoted from village to estate??? :confused: And the juvenile comments on locals and accents ....... (Let's face it neither the Drogheda and Dundalk accents could be described as charming!)

Back to OP's original question, maybe if we had some more info we could provide further assistance. Will you be driving to work? - if so there are some lovely areas within a very short driving distance. Are you moving with family or is it just yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

well if its so close to a large town then small villages in the locality are usually absorbed into the big towns. such as haggardstown in dundalk and on a lesser scale collon in slane.

and i was taking the mick cos i don't like drogba. :D

Advertisement