Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G signal disappearing on iPhone 3gs after porting to Vodafone

Options
  • 26-05-2010 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just moved to Vodafone about 5 weeks ago and have found that occasionally the phone loses 3G, and I get the letter 'o' beside the carrier name instead of the 'E' for edge symbol. The problem then is that even when I go back to somewhere with 3G coverage the phone won't pick it up, and keeps displaying 'o' rather than '3G'.

Has anyone else had this problem?

A little "o". When i turn 3G off and then back on, 3G appears at the top of the screen than the little "o" appears again 10mins later!!

Very annoying.

Can someone from vodafone look into this issue?

Regards,
    Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Vodafone don't have edge signal, The blue dot is GPRS Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Vodafone don't have edge signal, The blue dot is GPRS Network.

Thanks for the reply drunkmonkey

OK,

But i still don't know why i keep losing 3G signal!! It is still happening this morning. Turn 3G off in settings then back on and now its 3G is on. As i was typing it has just gone back to the "o" again. This has only happened since i moved to Vodafone, it was fine on O2 so that would suggest, it isn't the phone acting up its the Vodafone Network!

Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3 things to blame, The iphone itself isn't the best for holding 3G signal and Vodafone wouldn't have the biggest 3G network also GPRS and Edge travel farther than 3G signal, through walls etc so the phone is going to pick the strongest signal.
    My one big gripe with the iphone is that you can't set the phone to 3G only. I know i've pretty good 3 3G signal in most places I go, I just can't seem to get the iphone to understand that it wants to put me on vodafone a lot of the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement