Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gozo advice

• 26-05-2010 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys, new poster here in the forum.

Ive used the search function but cant see anything very recent about Gozo. Im going over at the end of June for a week with a friend, both PADI AOW.

Im just looking for advice on a good dive school to use and also any accomodation advice as well as best location. I wouldnt mind somewhere a bit lively in the evening although i know Gozo and lively probably dont go together!!

thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ofarrelld

Yeah lively might be stretching it a bit... The diving is fantastic though. A few of us stayed in Xlendi last summer and its a very nice spot. We dived with Moby dives and I'd highly recommend them. There is a night club there on the weekends but the less said the better... Nice bar and some good restaurants down by the bay though and there are far worse ways to spend a night then relaxing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hi,

I dived there last August. It is beautiful! I stayed in Marsalform and dived with Calypso Divers. I found them very good. I got to dive the azure window Blue Hole which was amazing.

I stayed in Maria's Guesthouse. Its a family run Guesthouse and the girls were just fab. Really happy to help. The breakfast was yum and you can have home cooked Maltese dinners there for a reasonable price. Their mother is a chef. http://www.gozoguesthouses.com/

There's no night life in Gozo at all. There are a few bars along the sea front and some lovely restaurants but Gozo is definitely a place just to chill. I really liked it for that! And I'm a young'un. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

serco wrote: »
    Hi Guys, new poster here in the forum.

Ive used the search function but cant see anything very recent about Gozo. Im going over at the end of June for a week with a friend, both PADI AOW.

Im just looking for advice on a good dive school to use and also any accomodation advice as well as best location. I wouldnt mind somewhere a bit lively in the evening although i know Gozo and lively probably dont go together!!

thanks for your help!

HI ,
    I haven't been there recently but 6 years ago I went there 3 times in the one year, dived with Gozoaquasports while on Gozo , they were great Patrick is an institution on the island.And Gail from the Uk runs it superbly, have to agree with Larianne, Gozo is very Quiet, lovely restaurants and so on but no nightlife,on the subsequent 2 trips we stayed on Malta and went to Gozo with the dive operators . We dived with Strand divers, www.stranddivers.com very good operators very pleasant and reasonable.
    great diving to be had there.
    Rozi Wreck
    Cirkewwa

El Faroud Wreck, great wreck dive
    Irqieqa Point (Comino Island)
    Santa Maria Caves (Comino Island)
    Blue Hole ( Island of Gozo)
    Inland Sea ( Island of Gozo)
    HMS Maori Wreck
    Imperial Eagle Wreck
    and there is also a wreck of a bomber, I think its off valetta

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭serco

thanks for all the suggestions. I think were going to book a place in Malsaforma dive from there, seems to be a little less quiet than some of the smaller villages; The blue hole looks great and so do all the wrecks and planes, cant wait now!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

ofarrelld wrote: »
    We dived with Moby dives and I'd highly recommend them.

I was among a group who booked this centre for unaccompanied diving in late '08, our experience was less than satisfactory. Things may have changed since but none of us would be in a hurry back to Moby. Otherwise it was an enjoyable trip, very easygoing & relaxing pace of life, nice warm-water:D diving & food super-a pity about the bad attitude in Moby Dives.

Benny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I dived with Atlantis Diving in Marselforn, Brian, the head honcho there, is a really chilled guy.

Blue Hole, Inland sea etc are dives you will almost certainly do, but if the weather is good, Reqqa point is probably my favourite. The Twin arches are good as well. in fact, the whole bloody island is great. I found it a lot better then the red sea tbh as it is a lot less crowded and the underwater scenery and vis are brilliant.

Advertisement