Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Code Lottery

Options
  • 26-05-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Just been informed that my numbers didn't come up on the Post Code lottery. Apparently any ticket with the numbers 9,38, 357,44 or 45 are losers, a ticket with 22 on it might progress to spin the wheel. I'm not surprised but seriously pissed off. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

What about 338??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

sikastag wrote: »
    .22 legs good, .338 legs bad :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sorry to hear that.Know how you feel on this one.Anything we can do to help,please feel free to PM.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

i know you said it joking , but there is an actual post code lottery when it comes to licencing firearms,
    some catagories of firearms are easier to licence in one place compared to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

rowa wrote: »
    i know you said it joking , but there is an actual post code lottery when it comes to licencing firearms,
    some catagories of firearms are easier to licence in one place compared to another.

I am painfully aware that there is an actual postcode lottery, this is what happens when barristers get to make laws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

lads havnt heard about this before:eek: whats the story about post code lottery:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

doyle61 wrote: »
    lads havnt heard about this before:eek: whats the story about post code lottery:confused:

Is this if you are in an urban centre you get no, but if you are in Hicksville Arkansas you get a yes sireey bob :D

I thought it was a misplaced post earlier today:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Is this if you are in an urban centre you get know, but if you are in Hicksville Arkansas you get a yes sireey bob :D

I thought it was a misplaced post earlier today:D
    know??

This is the most surreal thread I've ever read :D

rrpc wrote: »
    know??

This is the most surreal thread I've ever read :D

I meant NO not know, sorry about that old chap:D Multitasking here:D
    Reference car insurance premiums county by county and postcode by postcode in Urban areas.

Cheap insurance in Leitrim, expensive in sheriff street

I meant NO not know, sorry about that old chap:D Multitasking here:D
    Reference car insurance premiums county by county and postcode by postcode in Urban areas.

Cheap insurance in Leitrim, expensive in sheriff street
    Really?, I couldn't have guessed :rolleyes:

All we needed was someone asking where to buy the tickets :D

• Advertisement

Really?, I couldn't have guessed :rolleyes:

All we needed was someone asking where to buy the tickets :D

They can be bought In Tesco, every little helps:p

nah , what i meant was if you have a super who isn't totally anti-gun then you're in with a shot of getting a licence , but if you're not eg. a certain chief super in north dublin , then you're knackered before you start.
    one of the big points ahern made before bringing in the new law was that it would be a level playing field for all no matter where you lived in the country , this is not true.

nah , what i meant was if you have a super who isn't totally anti-gun then you're in with a shot of getting a licence , but if you're not eg. a certain chief super in north dublin , then you're knackered before you start.
    one of the big points ahern made before bringing in the new law was that it would be a level playing field for all no matter where you lived in the country , this is not true.

Well you could always change address, use family member's etc?
    You must have kin folk outside the pale? Or outside the County of Fingal:D

I don't remember Dermot Ahern ever saying anything like that, but I'm wide open to correction if you have a source.

I do remember the Supreme Court saying; only a matter of days ago, that inconsistency was a design feature of the system, so I doubt that anyone is likely to be moved to do anything about it now.

I don't remember Dermot Ahern ever saying anything like that, but I'm wide open to correction if you have a source.

I do remember the Supreme Court saying; only a matter of days ago, that inconsistency was a design feature of the system, so I doubt that anyone is likely to be moved to do anything about it now.

i remember someone saying it rrpc, anyway so much has been said about the whole thing at this stage i have forgotten, anyway surely the law being applied in an even handed manner in all areas of the country is the first thing you could expect ? it is in the uk even though they have seperate police forces and we have only the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

sikastag wrote: »

An apology may be in order for earlier post. My attempt at poking fun at inadequate licencing system may not have exactly been sympathetic with the OP's current position. Quite frustrating that there is 'individual discretion' and not uniformity accross the board with the system. I didnt realise that it was integrated into the design though????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

i remember someone saying it rrpc, anyway so much has been said about the whole thing at this stage i have forgotten, anyway surely the law being applied in an even handed manner in all areas of the country is the first thing you could expect ? it is in the uk even though they have seperate police forces and we have only the one.

Maybe this is what you are referring to:

Deputy Dermot Ahern: The Commissioner makes the decisions. He will issue the comprehensive 36 page guidelines booklet. These guidelines will be a great guide to all those applying and to members of the Garda Síochána who will deal with the applications. We have had difficulties in this area because there have been different interpretations of the regulations and of legislation. The idea is to have it much more centralised, but on the same basis so that people in different parts of the country have to make the same decisions

Maybe this is what you are referring to:

, but on the same basis so that people in different parts of the country have to make the same decisions
    Yeah same decisions in the CS and Super club,refuse everything...Now isnt that us doing what the law requires..???Making the same decision from different parts of the countr???y.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Only in Ireland.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yeah same decisions in the CS and Super club,refuse everything...Now isnt that us doing what the law requires..???Making the same decision from different parts of the countr???y.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Only in Ireland.

but some are much worse than others , the super in north dublin who won't even grant a second shotgun licence for example , if you have a game gun and want another to shoot clays ....... tough, you already have a shotgun.

Is He spending alot of time and money from his division in the DC??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Is He spending alot of time and money from his division in the DC??:rolleyes:

that never seems to worry them does it ?

Advertisement