Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware opening in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Riot (guys behind League of Legends) have guys working here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Drakar wrote: »
    Riot (guys behind League of Legends) have guys working here too.

Seems to be just European localisation stuff again unfortunately

http://www.riotgames.com/careers/job-openings-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Wicknight wrote: »
    Hardly any. I work in one of the few game development studios in Ireland and we are quite small.

Hopefully that will change in the future, the IDA do seem to be trying to get companies to locate here, Popcap and Zynga are opening here but again it seems more support localization, which traditionally has been what Ireland has done in terms of game development (Activision have been here for years, doing support and running Demonware)

Just wish to correct an error there.

Popcap have had a development office in Ireland for the past 5 years.
    It does house the Localization team but it is also the dedicated Mobile development studio. We develop Popcap's mobile IP's on most of the platforms.
    We also do Summer internships with a few of the colleges and have had a few students from second level in on work experience.

For my own curiosity which company are you working for?
    Would love to get a 5-a-side going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Doodee wrote: »
    Just wish to correct an error there.

Popcap have had a development office in Ireland for the past 5 years.
    It does house the Localization team but it is also the dedicated Mobile development studio. We develop Popcap's mobile IP's on most of the platforms.
    We also do Summer internships with a few of the colleges and have had a few students from second level in on work experience.

For my own curiosity which company are you working for?
    Would love to get a 5-a-side going :D

Interesting, didn't know that about PopCap.

I'm PM you the company I work for, I don't want to get into trouble as I'm one of the more "vocal" posters in some of Boards.ie forums :p

By 5 a side I assume you mean FIFA 2010 :)

Wicknight wrote: »
    By 5 a side I assume you mean FIFA 2010 :)

Welcome to 2011 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I made it to the 4th step of a csr application with bioware, interview was yesterday. Lovely people all very welcoming and cheerful. Interview went about as well as I would have hoped,I was very tired but I think I remained articulate and confident for the most part. I have big hopes for this place as I've been waiting since last may and checking their site on a daily basis. The guy asking about adding a cover letter, why not just make it the first page of your cv.....that's what I did and always have done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Best of luck mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I made it to the 4th step of a csr application with bioware, interview was yesterday. Lovely people all very welcoming and cheerful. Interview went about as well as I would have hoped,I was very tired but I think I remained articulate and confident for the most part. I have big hopes for this place as I've been waiting since last may and checking their site on a daily basis. The guy asking about adding a cover letter, why not just make it the first page of your cv.....that's what I did and always have done
    Good luck! I wanted to apply, but I know feck all about Star Wars, and I'm not a PC gamer. No Mass Effect love for Galway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Hey,

just wondering what kind of questions they put to you in the interview? did you get though? any word when they are opening the new centre?

jay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Best of luck buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

Does anyone currently work here? I work for gaming support already, but I wouldnt mind moving to Galway. Is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The fraud analyst/manager job is what I currently do at the mo, in wexford. Interested to apply for Bioware - anyone have any information on salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

A few friends of mine who lost their jobs in TalkTalk have taken positions up there and are working currently.

It's where I got my SWTOR beta access!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm looking for someone to interview for my thesis from Bioware, could someone PM me a phone number to call for their Galway office as I couldn't find it on the Bioware website.

Advertisement