Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Router Reset

• 26-05-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Got UPC router setup last week and retardly set a password that I cant remember - tried hitting reset on the back but still prompts for it

Anyone know how to do a full reset on the router so that the password goes back to being blank again ?

its the cisco E typre router

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dario28 wrote: »
    Got UPC router setup last week and retardly set a password that I cant remember - tried hitting reset on the back but still prompts for it

Anyone know how to do a full reset on the router so that the password goes back to being blank again ?

its the cisco E typre router
    I think you need to hold the reset button in until the lights start blinking

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Just read that in the cisco manual , thing im worried about is will it still connect to upc after doing that ?

I presume I'll need a username and password to get to their network ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Just read that in the cisco manual , thing im worried about is will it still connect to upc after doing that ?

Well, it shouldn't erase the Mac address which UPC have activated so I don't think you need to worry, I wouldn't do it unless someone here can tell you its safe because I have no idea, I don't think the modems need any logging in though like ADSL ones do

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

If you are talking about the EPC2425 (if models were only single letters, then manufacturers would only ever have 26 models!), then No the Router-to-UPC settings are "hardcoded" into it. Doing a full reset will not affect them.

However, it WILL reset the WiFi settings if you've changed them from the default, so find the default code, or reconfigure via Ethernet.

Advertisement