Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no parking!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

They have reasonable cause.

such as?

reasonable cause will be for the likes of the fire brigade to move cars if access is required or similar, not because the car is improperly parked.

anyway the argument is there, there are several threads, including the linked one, in motors. The vast majority of people agree with me as can be seen from such thread. I am not going to argue with you because based on the laws quoted I believe I am 100% correct and if anyone apart from the state agency clamps me I will simply cut it off and they can try what they like...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Parking dangerously on corners, potentially causing health and safety issues. Parking in spaces not alloted to your property. Parking in a manner which endangours public safety (blocking a footpath) blocking it.

the reason why the arguement is there is because someone parked where they shouldnt have and they got clamped.

If you abide by the rules you won't get clamped, simple as that.

I know personally that in the crescent, we have massive parking issues so we have the requirement.

Imagine if you parked on a footpath, blocking it causing a mother and child to walk out on the road to pass you, they get hit by a car and get killed, would you stand there and say its their fault even though your car was blocking a "pubically accessable" footpath?

Charlesland at the best of times can be a dangrous place for pedestrians with people parking on footpaths, parking dangerously on corners etc. I believe there's been two incidents of children being knocked down, and pleanty more of animals being killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I have never and would never park in such a manner to block the footpath and you are now getting into the land of over the top imaginary scenarios.

I'll not post in this thread again, it's just not worth my time at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Then you should never be clamped so there's no need for you to argue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Looks like theres a change in the clamping rules in Charlesland. I've finally had my fill of somone consistently blocking the path even though there are always free spaces opposite. Called the clampers and was told that there is a note on the system for Charlesland; 'Cars on paths are not to be clamped'. :mad:
    Apparently only cars on double yellows and in reserved spaces will be clamped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement