Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a new Screwdriver set !!!!!

• 26-05-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking to get myself a new set of screwdrivers for my toolbox. I am an occasional DIY enthusiast. I have seen the following sets for in an around €40-€50 for Stanley Fat Max and Bahco !!!!!

Any of you guys seen decent offers around the place or advise me on somthing to pick up ???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Those are realiable names and the steel used will be good quality. Dont go for the lesser brands any heavy work and the head will crumple or the shaft break or twist. Bacho make great quality stuff and probabaly last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Lando Griffin is right. Cheap tools are usually ****. Don't touch Aldi or Lidl tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Halfrauds do a good set free with a gallon of semi or full synthetic oil. Thats how every screwdriver set we have enters our orbit anyway,- free Oil!! Or free screwdrivers!!! Whichever pleases you most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Lando Griffin is right. Cheap tools are usually ****. Don't touch Aldi or Lidl tools.

actually ,ive seen tools in aldi and lidl that come from the same factory that make stanley tools (address on back )but not always,plus the colour schemes at times are like/very similar to stanley- i picked up two genuine stanley socket sets in aldi last year when they were doing a promo -

sometimes its good to root around in there stores but be selective

Advertisement