Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend WiFi

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I have an Eircom broadband wifi router on one side of my house and I have a cat5 cable running to a Belkin F5D7234 router on the other side so I can use my wifi there.
    I can get the internet fine if I plug a cable into the back of the router but I can't get anything through the wifi. I have the Belkin set up as an access point which I think is right.
    Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get net access through the wifi?

Fixed I got it working by changing the security settings to WPA2 only instead of WPA/WPA2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I can't connect to it know as it won't give me an ip address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Did you make sure to disable the DHCP server on the Belkin router?

Did you make sure to disable the DHCP server on the Belkin router?

I did,I've got it going now,I ended up running a new cat5 down and that did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

cork45 wrote: »
    I have an Eircom broadband wifi router on one side of my house and I have a cat5 cable running to a Belkin F5D7234 router on the other side so I can use my wifi there.
    I can get the internet fine if I plug a cable into the back of the router but I can't get anything through the wifi. I have the Belkin set up as an access point which I think is right.
    Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get net access through the wifi?

Fixed I got it working by changing the security settings to WPA2 only instead of WPA/WPA2.

Have you considered replacing the Cat5 cable with some homplug Wifi Extenders ?

Worth the money imo !

Saganist wrote: »
    Have you considered replacing the Cat5 cable with some homplug Wifi Extenders ?

Worth the money imo !

I have but there are two different electrical circuit's as it's two houses joined together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

The electrical mains extenders should still work provided you are both running from the same street transformer.

Advertisement