Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to visit NZ

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi folks a quick little questionf for ye?

Am going to Oz in Sept for about 10 months, have loads planned for it but am trying o fit in a short stint in NZ aswell, like only about 2 weeks r that? figure i cant go all that way and not go the extra bit aswell! But the question is whens the best time to visit? Hopefully when the weathers good enough but the flights are cheap too, and what parts would you recommend? Is there a decent bus service in NZ, or would you recommend hiring a car to get about?

Can anyone give me a hint?

It would be greatly appreciated?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Weather wise any time between January and March/April you'll be fine. Coming up to Christmas / New Year it's warm, however it often rains alot too.

North Island: Bay of Islands, Rotorua, Coromandel,
    South Island: Anywhere really, there's alot more to see (scenery wise) in the South than the North.

You can get buses around easy enough, but you're really better off hiring a car if you can afford it. That way you can stop where you want and not miss anything as you would taking a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭triny

Thanks for the speedy reply! Il have to get organising! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Jan/Feb/Mar savage weather for most parts of the country. Depends what you want really, if you want adventure, bungies, beer and activities join a stray tour or magic bus. Or rent a car with someone else or alone and drive yourself around some amazing scenery stopping where you want. Its a big country to drive around but the South Island especially is mostly untouched and has plenty of beautiful places. '

Too much to list here. Borrow a Lonely Planet Guide and get looking for stuff you're interested in doing, every type of holiday is possible in NZ. I have been on Alpine Mountain tops in the morning and sitting by a golden sand beach that evening. :)

http://www.tourismnewzealand.com/

My personal favorites having lived here 2 years now...

1. Abel Tasmen
    2. Marlborough Sounds
    3. Coromandal
    4. Taupo/Mt Ruapehu
    5. Queenstown

Too many to list though and i'm sure everyone else could list 50 more :)

Advertisement