Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading attachments

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering why people post in this forum asking questions ranging from really silly to really weird.

But on a more genuine note, can I not upload an attachment without putting it in a post? I want to upload a pic for my signature (a smaller version of the one there already.) Do I need to post it in a thread or can I upload it in my profile?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ok, I need somewhere to upload it anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking regarding posts and profiles, but if you're looking for somewhere to host a picture for you try pix.ie or imageshack.us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

here you go:

[noparse]logo_trans.png[/noparse]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking regarding posts and profiles, but if you're looking for somewhere to host a picture for you try pix.ie or imageshack.us.

I don't want to open a photo account for just one picture...anyway, the picture is for boards so I uploaded it to boards. Can you not see what I've done? I posted the pic in the thread, and put the url of the pic in my signature. Voila!

My question was, can I upload a picture to my "attachments" without posting it in a thread?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah, ok, I understand now. I'm afraid it appears that the attachments are for posts only, rather than sigs, so you do need to have the pic somewhere else first before you can add it as a sig. Posting on a thread is one way to do it, or you could use the link that tbh has posted above.

As an aside, I'm afraid your sig is far too big, both in terms of file size and height, so I'd appreciate it if you could trim it down when you get a chance. The sig rules can be found here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement