Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online problems with PS3 games!

• 26-05-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is anyone else experiencing problems getting online with some PS3 games? I connect wirelessly through my broadband router (Eircom 3mbps). I've never had any problems with COD MW 1 & 2 and Wipeout HD but I've never been able to go online with Uncharted 2 and recently Split Second. I can connect to the lobbies but I cannot seem to join any games or connect with other players. It's driving me nuts, any ideas??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i have the same router and speed and can connect to all my games no problem.

maybe an internal ps3 error ?

give sony a shout if your still under warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 killfitz

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i have the same router and speed and can connect to all my games no problem.

maybe an internal ps3 error ?

give sony a shout if your still under warranty.

Cheers robbie_998 but I don't think it's a problem with my PS3 as I can connect online with COD MW 1 & 2 and Wipeout HD no problem, it's just with certain games, thanks for the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I found MW2 to be the worst for connection problems. Once i sorted that game everything else worked. Do you have open NAT? Those eircom routers can be a real dose.

Sorry, not the most technically minded, what's NAT? Weird thing is MW2 is not the problem, Split Second & Uncharted 2 are. Talked to Eircom, they reckon it's the old router I'm using, 3347 which they say cannot be configured for PS3. They recommend changing the firewall setting to low but I don't think that'll work as i switched it off completely the other day but still no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Eircom are correct. The router they provide is a piece of crap and needs a specific setup to work correctly online with PS3.

If you have the money, I would invest in a better router from Netgear or Linksys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

i think if you type 192.168.1.254 into the web address of your internet browser it will bring up the eircom router page. Go to expert mode. Then click configure, then click advanced, Then NAT.

It will give you a drop down menu with options to open ports for xbox and ps3.

Try that see if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

to get in one the router here..

i have the crappy eircom one but i still get NAT1 on 3MB

just need to log in to the router through the PS3 pppoe and stuff like that.

use the ps3 to set-up your internet manually and when it asks for username and password put them in

username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: Broadband1

do that one the ps3 either wired or wirelessly

other settings dont really need adjusting.

ongarite wrote: »
    Eircom are correct. The router they provide is a piece of crap and needs a specific setup to work correctly online with PS3.

If you have the money, I would invest in a better router from Netgear or Linksys.

Is there anything specific I need to know in order to setup the router correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

The power of Google with keywords Eircom + Netopia + NAT1 should give plenty of useful results.

i think if you type 192.168.1.254 into the web address of your internet browser it will bring up the eircom router page. Go to expert mode. Then click configure, then click advanced, Then NAT.

It will give you a drop down menu with options to open ports for xbox and ps3.

Try that see if it helps.

Great stuff, really appreciate your help! Split Second has to be played online!

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »
    to get in one the router here..

i have the crappy eircom one but i still get NAT1 on 3MB

just need to log in to the router through the PS3 pppoe and stuff like that.

use the ps3 to set-up your internet manually and when it asks for username and password put them in

username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: Broadband1

do that one the ps3 either wired or wirelessly

other settings dont really need adjusting.

Cheers, really appreciate your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Also, you need to put the Firewall setting to Low on your Netopia router otherwise NAT1 which allows online chat during gameplay for example won't happen as the Firewall settings at Medium and High will block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭touchwood

hi folks, i'm trying to open up the nats to get nat 1 as i think thats why i'm having probs with ps3 online, got as far as the drop downlist but ps3 isn't on it, x box is thou. any suggestions, i'm not as up with it as most so sorry if this sounds like a silly question. thanks in advance.

sorry its a netopia router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GalJohn12

Had problems with FIFA 12, PS3 On Line Gaming. After a quick search on eircom.net Web site, I found the ideal solution. They even have a video tutorial to show exactly what to do, see
    http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=199&E=0000000000321001726&K=5911&Sxi=17&Case=obj(11112)

Worked a treat from me...

Advertisement