Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the OS on Samsung phones be changed?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung omnia that became unusable due to the calibration going off making the touchscreen useless along with other problems. I did send it back but the problems would come back after a week and now it's out of warranty.

I replaced it with an ordinary phone and this Samsung is just lying around unused now. It has wifi so I'm hoping I can put a different OS on it and use it at home for skype and browsing the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Or is there some way to reinstall window or make it better?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ScumLord wrote: »
    I did send it back but the problems would come back after a week and now it's out of warranty.

Send it back. The same fault is occurring so it has to be fixed for you, even if its just outside the warranty.

Advertisement