Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet X Stealth Pro

• 26-05-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I see from past threads that a few people here have Stealth Pro's and i was just wondering how you find them. I am just about to get one but then i came across a very good deal on a Dolan Aria which a guy in my club has and which is a really nice bike. Think i might be edging towards the PX though.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,169 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm happy enough with mine. Well screwed together and not particularly unpleasant to ride. I got the cheapest available spec (£999) then replaced the saddle, aerobars, wheels and crankset with ones I had already or preferred.

I'm sure there are more aero frames (and lighter, prettier ones) but it was cheap.

A friend of mine is about four minutes faster over 10 miles on his Cannondale Slice, but somehow I doubt the bike has much to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with mine. Well screwed together and not particularly unpleasant to ride. I got the cheapest available spec (£999) then replaced the saddle, aerobars, wheels and crankset with ones I had already or preferred.

I'm sure there are more aero frames (and lighter, prettier ones) but it was cheap.

A friend of mine is about four minutes faster over 10 miles on his Cannondale Slice, but somehow I doubt the bike has much to do with that.

While I detest the PX and like Cannondales - I'd say the difference is due to positioning - aerodynamics and power generation. Interesting I've now a way to calculate the Cda for a bike/position/equipment so would be interesting to work out exactly how much faster various bikes and setups are.

Very narrow cockpit there - wouldn't like that above 20km!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

tunney wrote: »
    While I detest the PX and like Cannondales - I'd say the difference is due to positioning - aerodynamics and power generation. Interesting I've now a way to calculate the Cda for a bike/position/equipment so would be interesting to work out exactly how much faster various bikes and setups are.

Very narrow cockpit there - wouldn't like that above 20km!

Hi Tunney,

Would you have any views on some good value TT frames, Id love a P2 but unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

drops wrote: »
    Hi Tunney,

Would you have any views on some good value TT frames, Id love a P2 but unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this time

Most important thing is internal cable routing :) (joke)

One that fits. By that I mean one that you can achieve a powerful, comfortable, aerodynamic position.

A Shiv, an SC or a P4 aren't worth a damn if they don't fit you.

A PX that fits will be faster than a bike that doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Lumen wrote: »
    then replaced the saddle, aerobars, wheels and crankset with ones I had already or preferred.

just a question what bits did you replace with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,169 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ipodrocker wrote: »
    just a question what bits did you replace with?

Adamo Racing Saddle, Profile Stryke Carbon aerobars, Soul C5.0 front wheel (from my road bike), Planet-X clincher disc rear, Quarq Cinqo Saturn S975 cranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

very nice additions!

Advertisement