Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Centre with a good selection?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good garden centre anywhere near Cork City? (preferably with 30 mins of the city)
    Looking for quite a lot of shrubs to plant an area so need somewhere with a decent selection and also somewhere that can offer good advice if possible.
    Not really interested in places like Woodies or B&Q as they don't have a very good selection of the type of shrubs I need.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Hillside in Glanmire are good. the guy that runs it is very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

My uncle used to use Nangles, they are on the Model farm Road. http://www.nangles.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Griffins Garden center in Dripsey.I was there recently and they had a great selection and plenty of staff around the place to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

the pavillion ballygarvan. just 5 mins beyond the airport is lovely. thay also have wonderful " avoca like " cafe. yummy lunches and cakes !! just to round off the trip !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Hanleys by the Kinsale RA is a good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Barr wrote: »
    Hanleys by the Kinsale RA is a good spot.

Hanleys is good for various things but from what I remember of it, it is no good for its selection of plants. Or I may be totally wrong about that. I'll be there tomorrow for something else so will check it out.

Advertisement