Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Brothers by Willy Russell

• 26-05-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I am not sure if this is the right area or not. I am looking for a movie / dvd called Blood Brothers based on Blood Brothers by Willy Russell. Does anyone know where I can purchase this or was it ever made into a film?

Or perhaps if anyone knows if Blood Brothers is on anywhere within Ireland I can see from ticketmaster it is on in London but I need to have it closer to home as it is for a group of students.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I don't think its ever been made into a DVD.
    Although, maybe one of the amateur societies around the country may have recorded one of their productions - might be worth adding a request to the forum on the AIMS website (www.aims.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 offalygirl08

Great thanks a million for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

As far as I know Will R has a clause that Blood Brother's can't be taped. I'm not 100% on that though. Did it with my second years last year and couldn't find a copy of the performance anywhere. Let me know how you get on if you can find one please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The rights for this production are not available in Ireland at the moment as it is still touring the UK so there probably wouldn't be a musical society with any copies (and as T26 said the UK rights have a no audio or visual recording of show attached). There is a schools version that you can get rights to but you cannot use any music in it and the script is totally revamped and only a fraction as powerful as the original storylines

Advertisement