Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 English HL Paper 2 - Cancelled Paper?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 12:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it available anywhere to download? I thought they would have put it in the exam papers or on examinations, but they have done neither.

Surely it only makes sense to upload it, unless of course they plan to use questions from it again, but that doesn't make sense as there are a select few students who have already seen the paper and the questions, and of course have texted it to their friends etc.

Can I get this paper anywhere? I would be interested in seeing what questions came up, especially for the poets such as Longley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Is it available anywhere to download? I thought they would have put it in the exam papers or on examinations, but they have done neither.

Surely it only makes sense to upload it, unless of course they plan to use questions from it again, but that doesn't make sense as there are a select few students who have already seen the paper and the questions, and of course have texted it to their friends etc.

Can I get this paper anywhere? I would be interested in seeing what questions came up, especially for the poets such as Longley.

There should be an old thread from last year on Boards with everything on it:)

(Hence the reason for the cancellation;)) Try a quick search

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Had a quick look through last year's thread but couldn't find the exact question for Longley, did you have any luck Timbuk2 ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No, I couldn't find the Longley question. All I could find was people stating what poets came up, and a lot of discussion about Macbeth, and a lot of complaining about the rescheduling. Having said that, the thread was over 60 pages long (at 40 posts per page) so I didn't get it all read. However, I did a 'Search this thread' for "Longley" and "Longley question" but I still couldn't find the exact question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

What poets came up in the cancelled paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Elizabeth Bishop, Derek Walcott, John Keats and Michael Longley came up on the cancelled paper.

I think it may have been a personal response to the poetry of Michael Longley, but I can't be sure. A question on Longley that is more specific would probably have been about "direct and striking imagery" or something like that, just like what was featured on the mock papers.

Last year's cancelled paper isn't of any real relevance to this year. Different texts were examined. Just know that Walcott and Keats are not likely to come up this year (they were on the substitute paper) and Longley might make an appearance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement