Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not really. I have only ever updated the firmware of mine once via Kies to JCJH1. I am so happy with the way the phone is now I am not sure I would even go for 1.2 - even via Kies - unless it had more going for it than just Swype - since I have a cool app that seems to be no longer available and I wouldn't want to loose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

cnocbui wrote: »
    Not really. I have only ever updated the firmware of mine once via Kies to JCJH1. I am so happy with the way the phone is now I am not sure I would even go for 1.2 - even via Kies - unless it had more going for it than just Swype - since I have a cool app that seems to be no longer available and I wouldn't want to loose it.

Same here, I'll stick with 1.0 until the Skymap app reappears on the App Store.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

never been able to update my phone thru kies at all..

Just fired up Kies 2 and it told me there was a Kies update, so I downloaded it.

Plugged the phone in and Kies 2 tells me I can update the firmware of my phone to JCJL1.

I did buy my phone SIM free and unlocked and wonder if that is why it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Just fired up Kies 2 and it told me there was a Kies update, so I downloaded it.

Plugged the phone in and Kies 2 tells me I can update the firmware of my phone to JCJL1.

I did buy my phone SIM free and unlocked and wonder if that is why it works.

What firmware version had you previously?
    I have S8500XXJEF and I did the same but it says no software update available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Anyone have an idea when Bada 1.2 will be released by 3 Ireland?

Dermot2468 wrote: »
    What firmware version had you previously?
    I have S8500XXJEF and I did the same but it says no software update available.

My original firmware was
    XXJF7
    XCJF3

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea when Bada 1.2 will be released by 3 Ireland?

Sometime after 1.2 is released for European SIM free phones, if at all. Samsung will be announcing the Galaxy S successor on Sunday evening and I think 1.2 might be released officially shortly after., but that is just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Anybody any ideas why picture messaging doesnt work? On 02 all settings seem ok

Anybody any ideas why picture messaging doesnt work? On 02 all settings seem ok

Pre-pay? I have the same problem. I was advised on the O2 forum to go to one of their shops. Haven't gone to them yet.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Good news, looks like Bada 2.0 is coming to the wave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yep Prepay will have to drop in cheers.

Yep Prepay will have to drop in cheers.

Let me know how you get on.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

xtal191 wrote: »
    Good news, looks like Bada 2.0 is coming to the wave!

It's being confirmed via Mobile World Conference held in Barcelona, and from contacts with badadev, that bada 2.0 will definitely be released for their flagship handset - the Wave S8500, around Q2/Q3, (June or thereabouts) this year (2011), Europe will be first in line to receive the updates... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

What kinda changes will it bring over 1.2, or have they said yet?

Some new features in bada 2.0 are multitasking, push notification messages, NFC support, Wi-Fi Direct, FlashLite 4 support, Flash-based interactive lock screen, text-to-speech and speech-to-text, HTML5 and more.

http://www.samsunghub.com/2011/02/15/samsung-details-bada-os-2-0-at-mwc/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

honestly think i'll have a new phone before a firmware upgrade is available, havent got 1.2 let alone 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have the Wave about 6 weeks now and not overly impressed to be honest. A grey blur sometimes appears when texting and browsing the web can be hit and miss. And when browsing Facebook pictures are tiny and when zooming in the pictures become a blur. Not great is it?

No idea what grey blur you are referring to when texting. Browsing works fine for me. Are the photos you are talking about being blurred on your phone or on peoples Facebook pages?

If your phone isn't locked, I would suggest updating the firmware if it is only 6 weeks old and if you haven't done so already.

Kies 2 tells me I can update my firmware to XJL2, which is 1.2 so it's available now for those with updatable phones.

I haven't installed the update because I don't want to at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

No idea what grey blur you are referring to when texting. Browsing works fine for me. Are the photos you are talking about being blurred on your phone or on peoples Facebook pages?

If your phone isn't locked, I would suggest updating the firmware if it is only 6 weeks old and if you haven't done so already.

I get a grey blur when texting sometimes. Nothing major and its just under where the message im typing is.

As for the facebook book photos the pics when viewing a pic on facebook the pic is roughly 1/12 the size of my screen. When i zoom in the image just becomes blurry.

Dont know if my phone is locked(how do i find out). And updating the firmware means nothing to me. Is there much to it?

• Advertisement

I don't get that when texting on mine.

Are you sure you aren't trying to zoom in on a picture that doesn't have much resolution to start with, which would make it look blurry?

To check if your phone is locked, open the dialing keypad and enter this code:
    *#7465625#

The phone will then display the locks that are active - if any. You want to look at the first one, which is Network Lock. Pressing ok to clear the window doesn't work on mine, but pressing the call cancel key does.

If you phone is not locked, you can install Samsung Kies software to update the firmware. Updating will clear contacts, texts, settings, photos - everything, so backup your everything using Kies before updating the firmware.

You can download Kies from here: http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/bada/GT-S8500BAAXEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support

Having a few problems with my wave;

For some reason it keeps restarting itself every now and again.
    Also the battery life isn't that good ( 1-1.5 days ). I'm waiting for the firmware update to 1.2 through kies but its not coming up for me.

Would it be recommended to update to 1.2 using multi loader myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Dermot2468 wrote: »
    Having a few problems with my wave;

For some reason it keeps restarting itself every now and again.
    Also the battery life isn't that good ( 1-1.5 days ). I'm waiting for the firmware update to 1.2 through kies but its not coming up for me.

Would it be recommended to update to 1.2 using multi loader myself?
    Download and install "Samsung Kies 2". That's where I got the 1.2 update. The new Swype way to txt is class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Download and install "Samsung Kies 2". That's where I got the 1.2 update. The new Swype way to txt is class :)

I have "Samsung Kies 2" installed and im still on bada 1.0
    Im on O2, what network are you on DupsTheKid????
    Thanks

DupsTheKid wrote: »

I have kies 2, It just doesn't come up. My phone is unlocked too.
    Its one of the carphonewarehouse ones from Bargain alerts, it says (MET)next to my firmware version in kies and this was on the box.
    I wonder if I have the meteor firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before... but is there anyway to buy apps from Samsung as of yet?

Want to pick up the Couch To 5K app but can't purchase off Irish store obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Hi,
    Does anyone have a mail & calendar(google) sync issue on the wave? Delete mail from the Wave and it stays on the server, add a calendar event on the Wave again it dosen't reach the server. All is good the other way round. I'm using the google mail app for mail and the Activesync app for calendar. I tried the mail on ActiveSync as well but same results.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

hi cracked the screen in my wave in three place ,anyone know can it be replaced? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,338 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Esel wrote: »
    Ouch.. that's almost half what I paid for the phone! :eek:

Remind me never to break the screen.

Advertisement