Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

does anyone know how to get someone out of my spam box, all the text message from one person always go to the spam box, how do i change this??
    thank you

settings->applications->messages->general settings->block messages

you should see that "blocked number" in there, press ... (three dots)
    and then ->delete

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I went into Settings --> Connectivity --> Bluetooth but then I can't see an option to pair device. How did you do it?

In addition to the above - tap search, then the Mac should appear in the list with the icon being black, tap on the entry for the Mac then a message box should pop up and it should say 'connecting', then come up with a message asking you to match keys with the Mac and a code number(key) displayed and accept/reject buttons. The Mac should also pop up a window with the same code number and buttons to accept or reject, just like on the Wave.

To get it to behave in this way, they shouldn't already be paired, so delete references to each other from both devices first so you are starting from scratch.

When paired, the black PC icon in the list should now be bright green instead of black.

When they are paired, tapping on the entry for the Mac should bring up a list of a bunch of options like browse files, send my files, etc.

If you get stuck, I can go through it and save screen images of the various steps and post em.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

cnocbui wrote: »
    In addition to the above - tap search, then the Mac should appear in the list with the icon being black, tap on the entry for the Mac then a message box should pop up and it should say 'connecting', then come up with a message asking you to match keys with the Mac and a code number(key) displayed and accept/reject buttons. The Mac should also pop up a window with the same code number and buttons to accept or reject, just like on the Wave.

To get it to behave in this way, they shouldn't already be paired, so delete references to each other from both devices first so you are starting from scratch.

When paired, the black PC icon in the list should now be bright green instead of black.

When they are paired, tapping on the entry for the Mac should bring up a list of a bunch of options like browse files, send my files, etc.

If you get stuck, I can go through it and save screen images of the various steps and post em.

I just did all that there now & it still won't work! :(
    Thanks so much for your help though, I appreciate it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Anyone ever have an issue with the alarm not going off? I overslept this morning because the alarm didn't go off. I even had the phone left on and had two alarms set.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have noticed that actually. Usually after turning off an inactive alarm. Seems to work better when you delete and recreate it.

• Advertisement

I have noticed that as well. Just activating an existing alarm doesn't seem to work. I have found that if I edit the alarm and save it again it then works as it should.

If anyone is on meteor with a wave, could they try to send themselves the operator settings from the meteor website? Doesn't seem to be working for me. I get the message saying they will be sent, but they never arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Give the samsung config site a go - linky
    MarkR wrote: »
    If anyone is on meteor with a wave, could they try to send themselves the operator settings from the meteor website? Doesn't seem to be working for me. I get the message saying they will be sent, but they never arrive.

Those did work, but didn't have the data settings. Meteor site didn't work for any of them. I've put in the data ones manually now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Just got an apps store update and I have paid apps now!
    On Bada 1.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

got the update to samsung apps.
    on bada 1.0
    the message telling me to update my firmware has changed to spanish or something :eek:
    and I can't sign into my account because of the wrong country code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone here using Facebook thru the icon on the menu rather than opening the internet window. Everytime i try it i get "warning...failed to connect to server" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Just tried it there & its working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

wilser wrote: »
    Just tried it there & its working for me

Its never worked for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone know if the Route 66 map has an update? Mine has been on 2010 Q2 for quite a while now and it's a bit frustrating as it assumes the M6 finishes before Ballinasloe and the M7 doesn't even exist beyond Portlaoise. Have the program installed on my computer but no updates there.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭maxflinn

Hi folks, i bought a wave today, should have it tmw, does anyone know if it's now possible to get bada 2? And if so how? Thanks :)

An official release of Bada 2 is not out yet.

If your phone is unlocked and you are into flashing, there are some leaked versions of 2.0 around you can play with.

Personally I would rather wait for an official release.

If you keep an eye on this site you will probably find out when it is officially released: http://www.badaforums.net/

cnocbui wrote: »
    An official release of Bada 2 is not out yet.

If your phone is unlocked and you are into flashing, there are some leaked versions of 2.0 around you can play with.

Personally I would rather wait for an official release.

If you keep an eye on this site you will probably find out when it is officially released: http://www.badaforums.net/
    Cheers, i suppose i'd better get bada 1.2 while i wait. Only that my phone didn't come with a micro usb cable so i can't connect it to my pc, i've scoured Waterford for one to no avail.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,336 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maxflinn wrote: »
    Only that my phone didn't come with a micro usb cable so i can't connect it to my pc, i've scoured Waterford for one to no avail.:confused:
    If you can wait a few weeks... this should do the trick.

Not your ornery onager

Cheers, but i'll probably get one from ebay (if i keep the phone),they're cheap in the UK too. I have to say this wave is very frustrating, it refuses to connect via wifi to my home router, my google nexus S did so no problem.

I googled and it seems i'm not the only one, there's dozens that have had the same problem and i don't think any of them got it resolved. Looks like this thing could be on adverts in the morning, i only bought it from there today :confused:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, perhaps putting in the correct password would have helped:)

Working fine now..

Mine has no problems connecting to WiFi. My router or others I have tried. Make sure you try entering the key in upper and lower case as it appears, and try all upper and all lower if the first way doesn't work. Try turning off encryption on the router alltogether and see if it can connect to it then without needing a key.

Guys, on my phone it says firmware is
    (SW VER)
    S8500XXJEF
    (CSC VER)
    S8500OXXJEF

kies says that's up to date, does anyone know if it is? And how do i upgrade bada? Thanks...

go into setttings, about phone, system info, device & you should see bada 1.2 (at least i think thats the most up to date)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

That firmware is from May 2010 and is Bada 1.0
    www.samfirmware.com has Bada 1.2 and beta Bada 2.0 firmware which you can obtain once you register.

You need to ensure that your handset is not locked to any network or SIM locked otherwise you may brick the phone
    :eek:

That site has codes for checking the lock status of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

O2 told me yesterday that the official Bada 1.2 release has been out since March.

Yet my girlfriend (who has my Wave - originally bought locked to O2) still can't update to Bada 1.2 (on latest version of Kies too).

I'd just like it so I can switch off the notification beeps that my phone is dying.. Samsung ridiculously just wouldn't allow you to silence this in Bada 1.0. Infuriating!

Untitled_114.jpg

i had the same trouble with that firmware, couldnt update bada or the samsung apps, brought it back to cpw and they got samsung to update the firmware to 8500xxjl2 and now i have bada 1.2 and kies will let me update firmware.

i had the same trouble with that firmware, couldnt update bada or the samsung apps, brought it back to cpw and they got samsung to update the firmware to 8500xxjl2 and now i have bada 1.2 and kies will let me update firmware.
    Did it have to be sent off wilser?

Might not be a bad idea.. have only had the phone since January so still very much in warranty.

yes, cpw in dundrum couldnt sort it so they sent it to samsung, took about 8 days.

• Advertisement

yes, cpw in dundrum couldnt sort it so they sent it to samsung, took about 8 days.
    Balls.. would preferably not send it back to Samsung! :(

Advertisement