Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 FD1973

the hack still doesnt work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Works for me, upgraded mine to F8 from F4.

Are you sure you were doing exactly as described?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Pretty sure im gonna get this phone after reading the reviews.

1 question, on the samsung apps site, it has 500 apps available in ireland and 1500 available in the UK for example. Am I limited to only the 500 from the ireland page or can all of them be accessed through kies?

Pretty sure im gonna get this phone after reading the reviews.

1 question, on the samsung apps site, it has 500 apps available in ireland and 1500 available in the UK for example. Am I limited to only the 500 from the ireland page or can all of them be accessed through kies?

All can be accessed through Kies, not sure if you will be able to buy an app from UK store using Irish account with Irish credit card, but you can get freeware apps without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Hello, after playing with this handset and too much fondling of it... it's one kick-ass handset - cheaper than the bejaysis of an iPhone :P I am also a bada developer as well and participate on these forums which I have added as links

For themes and other goodies - go to this forum My Samsung Wave
    For Firmwares - queries, questions etc, go to this forum Samsung Firmware World and it's associated website for the downloads of actual firmwares is Samsung-firmware
    For Bada SDK developers and tutorials - go to BadaDev

Currently right now, I have the nuts theme with Lucy Pinder (aint she a dahlin) - nuff said... ya know where to go... :cool:

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how to hack the Wave and change it's Product code?

Irish phones currently connect with phone's Samsung apps to Irish version of the store which unfortunately, has no option to buy paid apps.

The problem is, that if one want's to buy a biiiig game, say H.A.W.X in foreign store and tries to upload it using Kies to Wave, you get "insufficient memory" error message, even if your memory card has 12 gb free...

Has explored sTune and has ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

valdigre wrote: »

Irish phones currently connect with phone's Samsung apps to Irish version of the store which unfortunately, has no option to buy paid apps.

The problem is, that if one want's to buy a biiiig game, say H.A.W.X in foreign store and tries to upload it using Kies to Wave, you get "insufficient memory" error message, even if your memory card has 12 gb free...

PM me and I'll show you how! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Bada Forums is very good fro all that type of get up... ;)

StaunchyDJ wrote: »
    Bada Forums is very good fro all that type of get up... ;)

No relevant information there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭HHH

Can anyone recommend a good memory card to put in my new wave? ie. Size, brand, also where to get one?
    Thanks
    HHH

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

SanDisk is a good brand. Argos appear to have them:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=micro+sd

I personally would be more inclined to try eBay.

This is also an excellent source: http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SD

All their brands are good.

You don't just want to just look at capacity, you need to consider the speed - class - of the card. I have a class 2 - fairly slow - 4GB SanDisk in my Wave. it works and I can record HD video to it, but when accessing stuff on the card there is a slight and noticeable lag compared to the phones own memory. So I would recommend getting something like a class 4 card or faster.

I will be looking for a class 6 card or better when I upsize.

Size is up to you, but I will probably get a 32 GB next.

Bear in mind, when shooting HD video, you will need 87mb for each minute of recording. :D

Thanks for the reply. They're quite expensive! I'll prob buy a 32gb myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

http://www.badaforums.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=251&start=15

This method worked fine for me and I have just got a Three Ireland wave in the last month.
    The steps I took are as follows:

1. Connect your phone to Kies and allow it to connect.
    2. Open up Regedit and browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \ Kies \ DeviceDB \ 1
    (You should see a list of information about your phone)
    3. What to change is the following:
    HIDSWVER: S8500XXJF1/S8500OXAJEG
    ProductCode: GT-S8500BAADBT
    SoftwareRevision: S8500XXJF1/S8500OXAJEG
    4. In kies click on upgrade
    5. Wait for it to finish
    6. Enjoy your debranded device

I was a little scared that I had bricked it the first few seconds that it booted, cos everything was slow and the cpu was at 80%.

But then all of a sudden it was fine and I had 80 new txt messages, Id say it just had to re load my contacts and messages from the sim hence the crazy cpu utilisation, alls well now tho.

As far as skype was concerned it did disappear from my programs but when i looked in widgets it was there and simply brought me to an official three mobile download site to replace it, I assume its still free from them....

good luck peeps

Latest JH3 is now officially available through Kies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I got a Wave in CarPhoneWareHouse yesterday under Meteor Bill pay and there were 2 batteries in the box.. Is it normal to get 2 batteries?

Great phone so far.

Not normal.

You just scored!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Sweet :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

This is a great phone but the absolute appalling battery life i have with mine is spoiling things. I'm almost having to charge the phone on a daily basis. I tried the hack on this thread but it wont upgrade the firmware. All i get is: "this version of firmware cannot be updated"

I'm getting three days between charges.

The biggest battery drain is the GPS. Make sure it is disabled. It is very easy to leave it running by accident. Disable location services if you have it enabled.

I have mine set to 2G, not 3G and I turm of bluetooth and Wifi when not needed.

Found this gem on another forum:
    And then I started to realise that I started using Samsung account for FOTA, Social Hub and App store which basically doesn't work for any of those. Today I deleted useless Samsung account and my Wave's battery is back to normal 1% in hour now. I am so happy icon_e_biggrin.gif.

As far as I know, Samsung account maintains connection with Sammy server 24/7 by default and you can only change the interval if you are socialhub premium user. I think that drained the battery so quick. Therefore, if you don't have social hub premium, save the battery by deleting "Samsung Account" from "My Accounts". If you have social hub premium then, change the polling interval to the value you desire.

Hi guy`s
    battery problem?
    i`ve got some!
    mine lasts for 1! day!
    After turning off GPS,it stands for more than 4! days!

Wbr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

i too have terriable battery life, my wave is on three bill pay, I didnt want to change flashing and upgrading the firmware on mine because I dont want to loose all the three settings and free skype+msn, I think it would cause more problems than its worth to upgrade the firmware away from the three bill pay one.

So what I did was this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-BATTERY-DESKTOP-CHARGER-SAMSUNG-S8500-WAVE-/400150365032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d2ad20368

10e for a spare battery and charger and I got it in less than a week, problem sorted carry this spare battery around with me as a backup.

A+-Guru wrote: »
    i too have terriable battery life, my wave is on three bill pay, I didnt want to change flashing and upgrading the firmware on mine because I dont want to loose all the three settings and free skype+msn, I think it would cause more problems than its worth to upgrade the firmware away from the three bill pay one.

So what I did was this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-BATTERY-DESKTOP-CHARGER-SAMSUNG-S8500-WAVE-/400150365032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d2ad20368

10e for a spare battery and charger and I got it in less than a week, problem sorted carry this spare battery around with me as a backup.

Overkill if you ask me... I would be more concerned WHY the phone is eating battery on the three firmware...

I have debranded my three Wave and my lowest battery life is 24 h, when I hammer it using lots of wi-fi, camera, games etc. Usually I get 3 days, and I am more then willing to sacrifice Skype for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

were you on three bill pay ? did you have to manually put the settings in for three?
    Overkill if you ask me... I would be more concerned WHY the phone is eating battery on the three firmware...

I have debranded my three Wave and my lowest battery life is 24 h, when I hammer it using lots of wi-fi, camera, games etc. Usually I get 3 days, and I am more then willing to sacrifice Skype for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

hey guys,

just a quick one - when i try launching the 'navigation' on my samsung wave i get the message : 'insert memory card to run navigation' - what does this mean? do i need a micro SD card just to run this process?

thanks,
    r

Yes, to run Route 66 you need to install a micro SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Well guys bought one of these phones today and i some impressed looks great. Just problem my video files all seem to be laggy a bit eg,mkv,avi etc.I have registered divx on it but the problem is still there.I mean the picture looks stunning but just a small bit of lag when playin vids pls help

The only setting I had to put is for 3 packet data APN.

Well guys bought one of these phones today and i some impressed looks great. Just problem my video files all seem to be laggy a bit eg,mkv,avi etc.I have registered divx on it but the problem is still there.I mean the picture looks stunning but just a small bit of lag when playin vids pls help

any help pls

any help pls

Could be your memory card is slowing down the process. What class is it?

• Advertisement

HHH wrote: »
    Could be your memory card is slowing down the process. What class is it?

Thanks 4 your reply ,never though about the memory card it an 8 gig micro sd card used to have it in my lg viewty.It worked perfect in my old phone ,should i invest in a new memory card and what model cheers

Advertisement