Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You should try and find out what class (speed) your card is before doing anything about it. I have a class 2 card and there is noticeably more lag when viewing content on it than content that is stored in the on-board memory. I think I will be getting a class 6 or higher card when I upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

hey just checked there its a class 2 ver,should i buy a 16gb class 4 or class 6.I just checked aswell by moving on mkv to the internal memory and it still lags.When i get the card should the mkv play perfect .

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Hey, laggyness of avi files is a known issue and is independent of memory card class. I have class 4 and my avi movies stutter, not all of them, but many.
    By stuttering I don't mean a huge loss in fluency, but noticeable.

You can't do anything about it but just hope, that Samsung will fix it one day...

valdigre wrote: »
    Hey, laggyness of avi files is a known issue and is independent of memory card class. I have class 4 and my avi movies stutter, not all of them, but many.
    By stuttering I don't mean a huge loss in fluency, but noticeable.

You can't do anything about it but just hope, that Samsung will fix it one day...
    Hey valdigre can you get mkv to run smoothly on your wave.I dont really mind avis as i have a ton of mkvs :)

Lol, I don't have a .mkv file to test.

If you could upload somewhere a small .mkv for me to test, I would have a look :)

• Advertisement

hey valdigre pm'd you a link for an mkv to check out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Just got the wave, any idea how to activate the wifi on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tiva

FD1973 wrote: »
    the hack still doesnt work :mad:

The steps I took are as follows:

1. Connect your phone to Kies and allow it to connect.
    2. Open up Regedit and browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \ Kies \ DeviceDB \ 1
    (You should see a list of information about your phone)
    3. What to change is the following:
    HIDSWVER: S8500XXJF1/S8500OXAJEG
    ProductCode: GT-S8500BAADBT
    SoftwareRevision: S8500XXJF1/S8500OXAJEG
    4. In kies click on upgrade
    5. Wait for it to finish
    6. Enjoy your debranded device

I tried sveral times, it didnt work for mee too, still on 3 network :(, Help me please!!!!

To unlock the phone you have to get the code from 3 network, the hack you described is only for unbranding the firmware...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Sorry to bump, but I've just upgraded the Firmware using Kies and now the phone is kinda sluggish. when it's locked it takes a while to respond/unlock and at times some things take a little longer than normal. When I go into settings and look at cpu usage it jumps between around 2% and 30-ish%

Any ideas what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

neil2304 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump, but I've just upgraded the Firmware using Kies and now the phone is kinda sluggish. when it's locked it takes a while to respond/unlock and at times some things take a little longer than normal. When I go into settings and look at cpu usage it jumps between around 2% and 30-ish%

Any ideas what's going on?

As a matter of interest, what's your latest firmware version? (Dial *#1234#)

As a FYI there's a new Kies version available from here....

Are you running some kind of widgets that is causing the sluggishness?

t0mm13b wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what's your latest firmware version? (Dial *#1234#)

As a FYI there's a new Kies version available from here....

Are you running some kind of widgets that is causing the sluggishness?

SW VER s8500BWJH1

CSC VER s8500O2IJH1

Kies is up-to-date & there's No widgets running in the background either. Before today, Kies always displayed the message 'This device is not compatible with firmware upgrade', but I know there were many firmware upgrades for the phone before this. I was previously using the original F1 firmware

Thanks for your reply :)

Just a thought and suggestion combined in one -

Have you performed a hard-reset of the phone - that usually clears the handset of instability etc and wipes any remaining residue from the old firmware...

Just a thought and suggestion combined in one -

Have you performed a hard-reset of the phone - that usually clears the handset of instability etc and wipes any remaining residue from the old firmware...

No hadn't done that. O2 refused to do it for me last month and told me to get a third party to do it.

neil2304 wrote: »
    No hadn't done that. O2 refused to do it for me last month and told me to get a third party to do it.

What?!!! :eek: O2 refused.... WTF!!! Never mind...

Prior to doing a hard reset - back-up all your contacts, messages etc using Kies, then...
    1. Take out the Sim Card
    2. Take out memory card

And enter this code *2767*3855#, this was taken from this linky

It will take a few minutes and you should be ok then, re-insert simcard, memory card and restore your contacts, messages etc and you should be ok!

Hope it goes ok for you.

What?!!! :eek: O2 refused.... WTF!!! Never mind...

Prior to doing a hard reset - back-up all your contacts, messages etc using Kies, then...
    1. Take out the Sim Card
    2. Take out memory card

And enter this code *2767*3855#, this was taken from this linky

It will take a few minutes and you should be ok then, re-insert simcard, memory card and restore your contacts, messages etc and you should be ok!

Hope it goes ok for you.

Cool thanks for your help. Will try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i can't even check my firmware , by dialing *#1234# ....
    can't find it, does that mean i'm locked to meteor on my wave??

metalfest wrote: »
    i can't even check my firmware , by dialing *#1234# ....
    can't find it, does that mean i'm locked to meteor on my wave??

That's interesting, am surprised that this code does not reveal a popup dialog box with the following, on mine it says:
    <SW VER>
    S8500XXJH3
    <CSC VER>
    S8500DBTJH3

you can find out if your handset is locked in...

Also: you can check out my blog entry about 'Building a Samsung Bada community'

A side note:
    Do NOT update your firmware if your handset is locked onto the network.... get it unlocked first before proceeding....

To check, use this code *#7465625#

Network, subset, cp and sp locks MUST be off prior to flashing... otherwise you will end up with a dead paperweight, bricked and b0rk3d!

There is one site that will unlock the handset for you, it's especially for Samsung handsets

That's interesting, am surprised that this code does not reveal a popup dialog box with the following, on mine it says:

you can find out if your handset is locked in...

Also: you can check out my blog entry about 'Building a Samsung Bada community'

A side note:
    Do NOT update your firmware if your handset is locked onto the network.... get it unlocked first before proceeding....

To check, use this code *#7465625#

Network, subset, cp and sp locks MUST be off prior to flashing... otherwise you will end up with a dead paperweight, bricked and b0rk3d!

There is one site that will unlock the handset for you, it's especially for Samsung handsets

turned out when i tried that last i was pressing ring,

didn't just wait for it to show up ,
    turns out phone's unlocked , meteor billpay upgrade, is that normal? or even common with boardsies' waves?

metalfest wrote: »
    turned out when i tried that last i was pressing ring,

didn't just wait for it to show up ,
    turns out phone's unlocked , meteor billpay upgrade, is that normal? or even common with boardsies' waves?

Ahh Phone's unlocked that's good! Some are not so lucky at all!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

Gonna get the Wave on upgrade, is it worth gettin or should l get the Legend??

revie wrote: »
    Gonna get the Wave on upgrade, is it worth gettin or should l get the Legend??

Spec-wise, its the cheapest for hardware specs which has greater power under the hood -
    • Super Amoled Display
    • ARM A8 Cortext 1Ghz
    • 5Mp Camera with Flash
    • Wifi - 802.11/a/b/g/n
    • Bluetooth 3
    • FM radio
    • GPS
    • MP3 Player
    • Play DivX 720HD

Up to you and compare... I <3 my wave.... w00t :D

I have and love the wave, anyone know how to add a photo to a contact, so that photo shows up when that contact rings?

I have and love the wave, anyone know how to add a photo to a contact, so that photo shows up when that contact rings?

contact has to be saved to phone,
    press the contact, then edit, then press where the pic should be in the top left corner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

hows the build quality

revie wrote: »
    hows the build quality

Not plasticky - brushed aluminium, ebony gray is what I have, it looks purple under light... slim and lightweight, google around for "Samsung Wave + youtube" to see the youtube vids of the reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭leex

Followed the steps above to "unbrand" my meteor phone using REGEDIT. KIES updated it from JF4 to JH3 without issue. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

I up dated my firmware to S8500XXJF8/S8500VFGJF3 through kies using the hack described in another post in this forum. Has there been another firmware released as kies is telling me there is on upgrade. Only upgraded to the new version of kies yesterday but still no upgrade??

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does anyone have the original meteor product code? Want to see what kies would be like with it?

Thanks

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Does anyone have the original meteor product code? Want to see what kies would be like with it?

Thanks

My wave is locked to meteor and i've never upgraded the phone, if you tell me what to do then ill check

Advertisement