Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Cool
    This link contains what i'm on about.

You run regedit.exe, then navigate to the folders mentioned, and when the phone is connected to the computer it'll show the product code as gtsomething

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hey just wondering does anyone know how to change the frequency at which the exchange email client checks for email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

Is 250mb a month add-on enough for the wave, also have wi-fi at home

My wave is locked to meteor and i've never upgraded the phone, if you tell me what to do then ill check

Did you get a change to look at that for me? Thanks
    revie wrote: »
    Is 250mb a month add-on enough for the wave, also have wi-fi at home

250mb is quite low, but you can have the phone do as little as you want. Full size websites on the go will eat into your allowance very quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

MarkR wrote: »
    Did you get a change to look at that for me? Thanks

250mb is quite low, but you can have the phone do as little as you want. Full size websites on the go will eat into your allowance very quickly though.

Sorry mate been busy
    You have to log into that site to check the folders, what is the path?

• Advertisement

anyone know why my wave won't allow me use T9? it's there but it's greyed out

So this time we do not have to walk to put whatever the Multiloader, we just need to change the registry and can "emulate" a phone completely free, even if it is locked and no matter what firmware you have installed.

1 - First open the Windows Registry

1.1-Then find the following location "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \ Kies \ DeviceDB \ * 1
    * Please try other numbers, in my case was just the first but can be another.

1.2-Then we will have all the information of the device, this Product Code, Firmware

That should be the relevant part.

When you say T9 disabled, can you click on the gray button?

MarkR wrote: »
    That should be the relevant part.

When you say T9 disabled, can you click on the gray button?

I think i need "Kies" installed, ill install it moro, i'm about to get my drink on, sorry

Thanks man. Enjoy. I recommend some Captain Morgans mixed with anything at all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

anyone ever have trouble with there facebook app on the wave, keeps telling me 'facebook server not stable' any ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Has there been any indication from samsung when they will expand the irish apps store to include paid apps?

I am using FW version xxJF8, is anyone running anything later and is it worth trying to upgrade through the KIES trick. Upgraded already when I got the phone a few months back but that was in attempt to improve battery life.

I have no complaints with the phone as it is now but does anyone recommend trying to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

just about to buy a wave ..... but this might throw me off...

I need a sat nav app and samsung have a few on their app sites but they dont appear to be available to buy in Ireland??

Can badab apps be purchased in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zbig

Macspower wrote: »
    just about to buy a wave ..... but this might throw me off...

I need a sat nav app and samsung have a few on their app sites but they dont appear to be available to buy in Ireland??

Can badab apps be purchased in Ireland?

Cant be bought at the moment for Ireland...When I sent email to Samsung.ie support I received answer from Samsung UK hehe saying they are working on development of Samsung Apps for Ireland and I should wait... :P

Anyone knows where is Samsung(warranty services) in Ireland or where Operators are sending phones for warranty? I would be interested in going there and talk about warranty FW reload ;) hopefully not UK :P hiehie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

To get app developers to write apps for Bada, Samsung offered a prize pool of a couple of million to entice them.

I just had a look at apps to download and it looks like the prizes have been collected and there are a bunch of pretty good new apps available now. I have only downloaded a few that interested me and thought I would mention them.

Storm Radio Recorder: An Internet streaming radio app that has at least 500 radio stations listed. It lets you record what you are hearing, even letting you specify a starting time in the past, like a minute ago. It looks slick and works well. The play, stop and record controls work in a slightly odd way but easy to get used to.

There is a very extensive genres list to help find the sort of stations you might like as well as a search function. You can also build a favourites list of stations you like to make things easier.

I have been wanting such an app for a while and this works very well indeed. The only criticism I would have is that the audio has occasional slight glitches in it which might be buffering issues. It would be a near perfect app if not for this slight issue but it is infinitely preferable to having no such app at all.

I am not sure if it works over 3G as I havent tried, but WiFi makes the most sense anyway unless you are data rich.

WAMO Camera is a camera app that offers an alternative to the native one. It's main differences are that it has an on screen shutter button instead of the physical one, and it offers a bunch of filter effects like fish-eye and High Dynamic Range that are not available in the native app. Some of the filters like b&w, sepia and edge are available in the native app in the editing options. It does more but I haven't explored it fully as yet. Very classy app on the whole.

Infernus: A high quality 3D game allowing you to interact with your environment to some degree. Haven't really played it more than for a couple of minutes but the graphics are seriously impressive.

Little Sailor: A high quality 3D sailing simulator including racing. Hardly looked at it but it looks seriously impressive.

BControl: Turns your Wave in to a remote for your PC over Wifi. I use a Mac but could see this might be useful for those with PCs.

There are more apps than these, so time to check out the apps again as the new crop are of much higher quality than most previously available.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Just ordered one of these online with the Carphone Warehouse on prepay for 139 euro, great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

ballyrhy86 wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these online with the Carphone Warehouse on prepay for 139 euro, great price!
    :eek::eek::eek: 139 quid.... blimey 'ell.... that's err.. cheap.....

t0mm13b wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: 139 quid.... blimey 'ell.... that's err.. cheap.....

Yeah I'm quite hungover so I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's 190 euro off each prepay plan for the Samsung Wave, some bargain in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Ha look at the website! Blackberry 8110 for 19.99 me thinks someone missed a 1 somewhere along the line

It seems misleading because if you read the price plan its 329 quid.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

The irish carphone warehouse website has always been comically out of date, and often completly broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking of getting one of these after seeing them on sale today in carphone warehouse. Forget the price but it was a massive saving. Now im only using a Sony 705 at the moment so can someone give me a few quick pros and cons for this phone? Looking for decent internet, easy to use for texting and is there many apps available for this yet? Cheers for any advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Just got one too for €139....bargain!!!!

Nice!!!!

Am a happy Wave owner and it is incredible - you're gonna be blown away by this... as there's bada 2.0 coming out in Q1 in 2011. Not alone that, I have flashed the firmware on couple of occasions and using S8500XEJJ9 firmware which is bada 1.2, along with swype built in, the software developer's kit is C++ and it nice and pleasant experience. Very crisp display I have to say - SAMOLED (Super AMOLED) is like w0w!!!

Have phun with it.... so fee free to ask questions about Wave.... ;)

Should i be buying a screen protector for the wave??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Picked one of these up yesterday and am very happy with it. For the price it was a steal.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Nice!!!!

Am a happy Wave owner and it is incredible - you're gonna be blown away by this... as there's bada 2.0 coming out in Q1 in 2011. Not alone that, I have flashed the firmware on couple of occasions and using S8500XEJJ9 firmware which is bada 1.2, along with swype built in, the software developer's kit is C++ and it nice and pleasant experience. Very crisp display I have to say - SAMOLED (Super AMOLED) is like w0w!!!

Have phun with it.... so fee free to ask questions about Wave.... ;)

how did you do that?? mine is apparently unlocked but i cant update it :confused:

metalfest wrote: »
    how did you do that?? mine is apparently unlocked but i cant update it :confused:

Register on samfirmware.com, there's a multi-uploader flashing software, whatever you do, don't use Kies yet... there's a new version in the works which is a complete overhaul of Kies 1, it is Kies 1 that is known to brick the wave...

There's mysamsungwave.com, badaforums.net, badadev.com, and ask.badadev.com.

I am also a channel operator on freenode, #bada channel as well.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Just wondering if you've gotten yours yet? I rang their customer care number to find out how long more would it take....gave the girl my order no but the order on her screen wasn't mine so then she searched for me under my mobile no & there's no record of that either! And the money has already been taken from my account!! :mad:

Just wondering if you've gotten yours yet? I rang their customer care number to find out how long more would it take....gave the girl my order no but the order on her screen wasn't mine so then she searched for me under my mobile no & there's no record of that either! And the money has already been taken from my account!! :mad:

No not yet, although I think An Post are back to work today, so it'll probably next week before we get them. Did you get the confirmation e-mail? Using the order reference number in that e-mail you can track your order here:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

Mine seems to be okay, something's coming to my address anyway! Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll get it sorted!

• Advertisement

No not yet, although I think An Post are back to work today, so it'll probably next week before we get them. Did you get the confirmation e-mail? Using the order reference number in that e-mail you can track your order here:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

Mine seems to be okay, something's coming to my address anyway! Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll get it sorted!

Cheers for that..im getting 'order ready' but delivery date 'unavailable'. Prob a good thing not getting it til new year anyway.

Advertisement