Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cheers for that..im getting 'order ready' but delivery date 'unavailable'. Prob a good thing not getting it til new year anyway.

I ordered one for the wife on Tuesday and am getting the same details as you on the order tracking. I hope they haven't messed up the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

ballyrhy86 wrote: »
    No not yet, although I think An Post are back to work today, so it'll probably next week before we get them. Did you get the confirmation e-mail? Using the order reference number in that e-mail you can track your order here:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

Mine seems to be okay, something's coming to my address anyway! Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll get it sorted!
    Cheers for that..im getting 'order ready' but delivery date 'unavailable'. Prob a good thing not getting it til new year anyway.

Yeah, I got the receipt into my email account and when I go to that tracker and enter the details, it brings up the sale and my details and says 'order ready' with delivery date 'unavailable' which is why I rang them, thinking they might have a better idea as to when I could expect it but when I gave the girl my order no, it wasn't my sale that came up on her screen. It was some other sale altogether!
    Then she tried to find me by my mobile no & there was nothing showing up for her.
    So then I asked her what happens now cos the money is gone out of my account & she was telling me to go into my local store to see if they can help....how?!!! It's an online transaction! She didn't seem to have much of a clue to be honest.
    So, I went to my local store anyway & after a series of calls etc the guy was told to email some boss of theirs with the details and he told me that this man will ring me in the next day or 2 about it. I'm not really holding my breath to be honest but I hope I'll be proved wrong!

dubmick wrote: »
    I ordered one for the wife on Tuesday and am getting the same details as you on the order tracking. I hope they haven't messed up the order.

I'd ring the freephone customer care no if I was you, just to be on the safe side...

Just waiting on a call back from customer care. Has anyone who ordered one online received their phone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just waiting on a call back from customer care. Has anyone who ordered one online received their phone yet?

No but i haven't been charged yet either. Unlike the above poster i wouldn't be going to my local store to sort out an online transaction. I'll just tell them to keep it. Let us know how you get on?

Just rang my credit card company and the payment is pending so it should appear on my card on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought this the other day too..

.. quick question for those who own it - I know the sat nav on it comes with a 30 day free trial.

But is there any third party sat nav's (e.g TomTom) that can be installed?

No but i haven't been charged yet either. Unlike the above poster i wouldn't be going to my local store to sort out an online transaction. I'll just tell them to keep it. Let us know how you get on?

Customer care are telling me it's more than likely going to be Tuesday before I get the phone. The bloke who looks after online orders is out of the office today.

Can you see your order here? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

I can today but I couldn't yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Customer care are telling me it's more than likely going to be Tuesday before I get the phone. The bloke who looks after online orders is out of the office today.

Can you see your order here? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

I can today but I couldn't yesterday.

Still getting the same as yesterday
    Delivery Date: unavailable

Haven't been charged yet though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I cant seem to connect to the Samson app store using wi fi , it keeps telling me to select network profile and only gives me my meteor stuff there as options to choose.
    I can connect to the internet just fine over wifi so is there a setting i need to do for the apps?
    I am totally loving this phone,its the business :)

Weird, I notice that the Facebook app has the same problem, but the youtube one doesnt, strange.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Supercell wrote: »
    I cant seem to connect to the Samson app store using wi fi , it keeps telling me to select network profile and only gives me my meteor stuff there as options to choose.
    I can connect to the internet just fine over wifi so is there a setting i need to do for the apps?
    I am totally loving this phone,its the business :)

You have to select that meteor profile for it to work over wifi, silly I know, but it has to be done (this is the same for other Internet services on the phone too). Then go to Connectivity in the main settings and turn off packet data, so only wifi gets used.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You have to select that meteor profile for it to work over wifi, silly I know, but it has to be done (this is the same for other Internet services on the phone too). Then go to Connectivity in the main settings and turn off packet data, so only wifi gets used.

Nate

You are the man! That was driving me crazy, works great now over WiFi , cant thank you enough :)

Any apps you recommend?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

It's still all new to me, but the apps I'll be keeping are:-

Skymap,
    Handymans toolbox,
    Beetag,
    Wamo Camera
    Guitar tuner,
    Unit Converter,
    GPSLocator,
    and Vflashon

Oh and Bcontrol if you want a PC remote control (I couldn't get it to work though) I've read about a Bada version of VNC coming soon too.

Oh and I got a HTCclock widget somewhere but I can't remember where.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭thyme

Hi, new to this and new to the Wave, bought one and had it unlocked but now Samsung Apps does not work , tap the icon it tries to connect but it says unable not enough memory delete some items, and it's gone before I can hit confirm, can anybody help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Skymap,
    Handymans toolbox,
    Beetag,
    Wamo Camera
    Guitar tuner,
    Unit Converter,
    GPSLocator,
    and Vflashon

Oh and Bcontrol if you want a PC remote control (I couldn't get it to work though) I've read about a Bada version of VNC coming soon too.

Nate

What is Skymap and where did you get it?

stonybroke wrote: »
    Details of it here.

stonybroke wrote: »

I got it off samsungs site, but I can't find it again. Sorry. It is a planetarium that you can point to the sky and it'll show you what you are pointing the phone at. It is really cool

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

seems to be gone, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Still getting the same as yesterday
    Delivery Date: unavailable

Haven't been charged yet though :D
    I'm in a similar situation - ordered the phone last week, status order ready but no delivery date. Rang the helpline and they told me their system was down and couldn't check orders. Credit card not debited yet, though.

Skymap,
    Handymans toolbox,
    Beetag,
    Wamo Camera
    Guitar tuner,
    Unit Converter,
    GPSLocator,
    and Vflashon

Nate

Nate - did you get the phone in a store or through an online order? If online, when did you place the order, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Raoul

How good are the apps for this phone?

Is it likely that most mainstream apps will eventually become available for the phone?

• Advertisement

fat-tony wrote: »
    Nate - did you get the phone in a store or through an online order? If online, when did you place the order, please?

I bought in store in CPW.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone has had any news from the online orders...i ordered a samsung wave on the 30th but just says order received and delivery date unavailable like most on here it seems...Rang CPW today and said it would take 2-3 days to process....anyone received theirs yet?:)

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone has had any news from the online orders...i ordered a samsung wave on the 30th but just says order received and delivery date unavailable like most on here it seems...Rang CPW today and said it would take 2-3 days to process....anyone received theirs yet?:)
    You'd have better luck in the original thread in Bargain Alerts..

.. I don't think anyone (myself included) has recieved their order yet.

CPW are still waiting on stock AFAIK.

I ordered mine on 28th - no change on the order status on website for me "order ready", but a poster on the bargain alerts thread who ordered on 27th said his status changed to "being picked". So maybe, just maybe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

basquille wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up basquille...wasnt aware of the other thread, hopefully we might see things upping in pace on CPWs side as we get back to normal after hols...will keep and eye on the other thread and post if theres any change in the status of my order

Cheers lads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Might as well post this in here as well as in the other thread. My order status has gone from Order Ready to Being Picked to Dispatched today. I ordered mine on the 27th so I guess whoever ordered later will be processed in the next few days. We're not getting screwed over anyway! Best of luck with it lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭leex

Nate

I have this phone since Sept and am very happy with it. I have data on my tarriff so use packet and Wifi. What I have found to be the best config is to leave packet data on and switch WIFI on/off from drop down menu as you need it. The WIFI seems to be always used first.

basquille wrote: »

My status has gone to - order dispatched and I have an An Post tracking number, so all good:)
    Ordered 28th December, so CPW seem to be handling orders in strict date rotation.

BTW if you want to check if you phone is locked enter *#7465625# on the key pad.

Also enter *#8740# to switch between CP UART (Full Speed CPU) and the default AP UART modes. Note CP Uart will eat your battery.

And *#197328640# enters the service menu.

Edit:- More here, be careful of the first code though http://www.askvg.com/samsung-wave-gt-s8500-bada-os-hidden-secret-codes/

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

I ordered mine in the early hours of the 27th & my order finally changed to "being picked" yesterday. It's still the same today. Will it ever hurry on and change to "dispatched"?!! :mad:

Advertisement