Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Has anyone had one of these unlocked and if so was there any trouble getting the code?

Edit: Never Mind my order was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I don't think any of you that ordered the phone will be getting it, I got one on the 28th. The only reason I got mine was because my friend works in-store and she held it for me as soon as they were available. According to her they only had about 5 of them left in the Country!!!. But they were displaying them online as in-stock instore to tryn get people into the store to buy another phone. As with the online orders she says that there system isnt great and that when their phones sell out they keep taking orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I don't think any of you that ordered the phone will be getting it, I got one on the 28th. The only reason I got mine was because my friend works in-store and she held it for me as soon as they were available. According to her they only had about 5 of them left in the Country!!!. But they were displaying them online as in-stock instore to tryn get people into the store to buy another phone. As with the online orders she says that there system isnt great and that when their phones sell out they keep taking orders?

Yeah, their online system seems to be a bit of a joke really. I got mine on the 27th online and finally today my order has updated to "dispatched" and they've given me an An Post track & trace ID, which doesn't show up on the An Post system but at least I know it's now on the way finally! I expect I'll get it Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

my buddy got an email earlier from them, offering to cancel his order due to the backlog... he cancelled and has a galaxy s coming to him monday the lucky so 'n' so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

metalfest wrote: »
    my buddy got an email earlier from them, offering to cancel his order due to the backlog... he cancelled and has a galaxy s coming to him monday the lucky so 'n' so

How much did he get the Galaxy S for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

metalfest wrote: »

Did they offer it to him straight out, or did they do it sneakily and only mention it after he cancelled? This would be the only way I'd consider buying anything off them again, had a terrible experience dealing with them last time, while spending €600 on a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

oh , no it wasn't from them, vodafone rang him a few hours later offering him the galaxy for 70 to renew his priceplan, just saying that it was a good save for him that they wanted him to cancel his order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Mine arrived, bright and early, yesterday (Friday). Fantastic phone - still playing with the toys, haven't even put the SIM in yet. It has O2 advertising screens on it, but is not locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 confused !!

Is there any way of transferring sms messages from a nokia phone (6124) onto the Samsung Wave? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Is there any way of transferring sms messages from a nokia phone (6124) onto the Samsung Wave? Thanks!

I don't think so, I lost all of mine when I transfered from my iPhone to the Wave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Alright lads,

Got my wave maybe 6 months ago and still very happy with.

I only had the phone a couple of weeks when i decided to trick Kies into upgrading fw to S8500XXJF8/S8500VFGJf3. This is still bada 1.0

Is there a later version available here through kies??

Not overly confident flashing my phone!!

My phone is still showing 'no upgrade available' but not sure if this is just because of the dodgy upgrade I did previously.

If so would a hard reset allow me to upgrade officially through kies?

Thanks for your help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Have a wave and l'm trying to sell it only because l want to try android on the desire, hope you get your orders ok because for that price your getting an awesome phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Got my wave today but i ordered on o2 and the box on my phone says 'met'. Can receive and send texts but cant get online. Am i screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Got my wave today but i ordered on o2 and the box on my phone says 'met'. Can receive and send texts but cant get online. Am i screwed?

probably just need your packet data settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

You can get your Internet and MMS settings sent to your phone from the O2 website. I had to do this too. Still cant get my MMS to work though.

Edit:- Here --> http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore%20Services/Services/Messaging/Picture%20messaging/Settings/

Nate

You can get your Internet and MMS settings sent to your phone from the O2 website. I had to do this too. Still cant get my MMS to work though.

Edit:- Here --> http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore%20Services/Services/Messaging/Picture%20messaging/Settings/

Nate

Cheers mate....whats the wave under on that fairly large list of phones??

Cheers mate....whats the wave under on that fairly large list of phones??

Samsung S8500 IIRC.

Nate

Samsung S8500 IIRC.

Nate

yep thats the one i used and still no net :mad:

yep thats the one i used and still no net :mad:

Is your packet Data switched on? Settings->Connectivity->Use Packet Data.

Edit:- Also try Settings->Applications->Internet->Internet Profiles and select O2 WAP GPRS

Nate

Nate

Yep its switched on alright

• Advertisement

Heheh Ninja'd, see edit above.

Nate

Is it possible to switch from a qwerty keypad for texting to a normal 1-9 keypad? If so how?

Edit:- Also try Settings->Applications->Internet->Internet Profiles and select O2 WAP GPRS

Nate

Have that done too and still no joy

Is it possible to switch from a qwerty keypad for texting to a normal 1-9 keypad? If so how?

Hold down the Language button "EN" on the keypad and it'll give you a selection of Input methods.
    Have that done too and still no joy

You'll have to get onto O2 then. They probably have it disabled on their end.

Nate

Hold down the Language button "EN" on the keypad and it'll give you a selection of Input methods.

Just gives me one option for predictive text :confused:

You'll have to get onto O2 then. They probably have it disabled on their end.

No bother..thanks for your help mate

Nate

Just got net working now so thanks again

Just got net working now so thanks again

Glad you got it working

BTW Holding Down EN only gives a selection of inputs in Portrait/Upright orientation, not landscape.

Nate

Glad you got it working

BTW Holding Down EN only gives a selection of inputs in Portrait/Upright orientation, not landscape.

Nate

Worked that out eventually..should be ok now..thanks again Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just update to firmware JL2. Very easy to do - took about 10-15mins. Had to flash a few firmwares to get to it though ( X -> JID -> JK1 -> JL2). Now on bada 1.2 :)

Used files/tutorial from the samfirmware.com website btw.

Right i got my wave yesterday and as its my first smartphone i reckon i'll be here wrecking everyones heads with questions. Got the net to work on it but the manual shows a back/forward, bookmarks, new window tab at the bottom when online. This only appears briefly on mine when i log on first but then im just left with the brightness/end connection and change view tab :mad: Anyway i can get the other tab to stay as its pretty handy when browsing :D

• Advertisement

Right i got my wave yesterday and as its my first smartphone i reckon i'll be here wrecking everyones heads with questions. Got the net to work on it but the manual shows a back/forward, bookmarks, new window tab at the bottom when online. This only appears briefly on mine when i log on first but then im just left with the brightness/end connection and change view tab :mad: Anyway i can get the other tab to stay as its pretty handy when browsing :D

Got the above sorted. Finally getting the hang of this Wave. Cant play You Tube videos tho. Any reason for this? Keeps telling me to 'try again' every time i try to play a video :(

Advertisement