Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

salty faces 10km in spanish point anyone?

• 26-05-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

First year of it I think, sounds like some well organised fun. Anyone care to join me?

Roll call:
    MarieC

http://www.saltyfaces10k.ie

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Athmosphere, Value, Organisation 2 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    50%
    MarieC 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    50%
    jfh 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

4 stars (good)
    first year of this event and it was very enjoyable. Organisation was good, parking was provided and well organised close to registration and start area. It was alot hillier than they let on in postings before the event, and a humid afternoon made it fairly tough going. Still, an enjoyable route, loads of water stations (500ml bottles of water given out!), good support along the route and lovely location. Nice to support it in its most infant year. They were hoping for about 500, got 1000 so how bad!

If looking for "bad" points, no goody bag, no medal. But got fruit and water and sweets after. T-shirt is nice. Would recommend to anyone.

On a personal note, was hoping for sub 50 but was first race since limerick marathon so just testing the waters really at the moment. Did it in 48:11 so roll on Kilkee next weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭jfh

3 stars (average)
    i have to second that, it was a beautiful day in miltown, sun didn't really come out till after the race, so perfect timing. i registered on the day so no t-shirt which i can understand, no complaints however very slow to get going, start was 15 mins late and lot of walkers in front. first mile was very slow.
    BBQ afterwards & good athmosphere with DJ's.
    Definitely will do again.

Advertisement