Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedball Spawell

• 26-05-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anybody know what the story is with speedball in the Spawell in Templeogue? http://www.speedball.ie/www.speedball.ie/Home
    We got vouchers for our son as a present and now there does not seem to be anyone there. Are they gone wallop or what? Or is some other place honouring the vouchers.

Thanks in adv.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

They opened about 8 months ago. Maybe keep ringing and emailing. Many places only open on Weekends and choice weekdays. Its the nature of the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Thanks.
    We tried that, their voice mailbox is full and won't take any more messages. The mobile number on the site is disconnected and their email on the website just gives out a stock reply. Their email address proper just bounces.
    I reckon that they have gone wallop.

I've managed to find the name and home address of the directors/operators so I am thinking about my next step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

They've been shut for a while now alright. Apparently, they'll be opening up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gillen

i work down at speedball@spawell, it will be opening again shortly, ill post again when things are up and running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willows01

It's now 20th Sept and i have tried everything to contact speedball re a vochure we have for my son.Any update on what is going on.If anybody knows how to get in touch with them please post.How do I get the directors name?

• Advertisement

I went into Spawell last week as my son had said that he had seen speedball (or somebody like it) selling vouchers at a stand at Liffey Valley a week or two ago. The place was cleaned out! Nothing left at all. My guess is that the equipment has been sold or re-used by the operators in a different location.

I don't know if it was the same operators or not but I'm now chasing the credit card company for a refund. They will know quickly if the same company is still operating of if there has been any activity on their credit card a/c for any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

frodi wrote: »
    I went into Spawell last week as my son had said that he had seen speedball (or somebody like it) selling vouchers at a stand at Liffey Valley a week or two ago. The place was cleaned out! Nothing left at all. My guess is that the equipment has been sold or re-used by the operators in a different location.

I don't know if it was the same operators or not but I'm now chasing the credit card company for a refund. They will know quickly if the same company is still operating of if there has been any activity on their credit card a/c for any time.

Many paintball companies sell their tickets in shopping centres. Its a good way to reach their market.

I believe the Spawell as a complex was under threat financially. So that may have forced a closure through no fault of the operator.

Consumer Affairs is you first port of call. Also, C/C Companies may not talk to you given the elapsed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 vladridos

hey Frodi,
    was one of the first working in this site and know one of the old owners well enough. it seems the place went bankrupt about last march-ish.
    whats happening now is Skirmish paintball have taken over the site, though im not sure what they'll be doing with it.
    to keep a closer look on this i recommend following a thread on Paintballer.ie
    http://www.paintballer.ie/fields/12740-skirmish-paintball-take-over-speedball-spawell.html
    yours,
    vlad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rapid Fire

Anyone who has vouchers for the Spawell can be used at Rapid Fire Paintball. It was agreed between ourselves and the person over the Speedball that we would honour any vouchers that still had not been used.

It is my understanding that the operator was not at fault with regards to the closure but with the owner of the building itself.

Anyone who has these vouchers, if you wish to contact me, let me know what your voucher entitles you to and we will try our best to accommodate you.

Unfortunately, we are not based in Dublin but south Co. Kildare, however, we are only 40 mins away from Dublin with the new motorway that has opened.

Contact me on 059 9145826 if you need any help.

Rapid Fire wrote: »
    Anyone who has vouchers for the Spawell can be used at Rapid Fire Paintball. It was agreed between ourselves and the person over the Speedball that we would honour any vouchers that still had not been used.

It is my understanding that the operator was not at fault with regards to the closure but with the owner of the building itself.

Anyone who has these vouchers, if you wish to contact me, let me know what your voucher entitles you to and we will try our best to accommodate you.

Unfortunately, we are not based in Dublin but south Co. Kildare, however, we are only 40 mins away from Dublin with the new motorway that has opened.

Contact me on 059 9145826 if you need any help.

That's great to hear. I'll pass on the details to my son.

• Advertisement
Advertisement