Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pat Kenny Gaff

• 26-05-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I am surprised there isnt a thread for his show, but maybe, just maybe, people listen to it and are so, shall we say, lulled by it that it slips their mind that they ever listened in the first place.

Still, I will say it here, in puplic, that I purposefully, with intent, listen to him almost every day. Yes, with intent. None of this aul, I just happened to hear by accident stuff.

Anyway, when you listen to him regularly you notice that he has some classic guffs. On monday there was a serious discussion about the hsopital consultants contracts. (there always is, says you, which is why there aint no Pat Kenny thread).

Anyway, anyway, during this conversation Pat remarks how ehen you go into a hospital the first thing you are asked at reception is if you are VHI Positive. A small insight inot a great mans mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Anyway, anyway, during this conversation Pat remarks how ehen you go into a hospital the first thing you are asked at reception is if you are VHI Positive. A small insight inot a great mans mind.

lol, I heard that broadcast, but unfortunately the gaff is on you in this instance popebenny..

Pat was 'jokingly' referring to an in-house Admissions 'joke'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah I think Pat was being his typical witty self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was his in the first place! Oh, you mean the other kind of gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MysticFred

Still, I will say it here, in puplic, that I purposefully, with intent, listen to him almost every day. Yes, with intent. None of this aul, I just happened to hear by accident stuff.

You're not the only one popebenny16.

I listen to his podcasts daily (usually only 3 to 4 days behind) which are extremely well organised by topic and date. Most RTE podcasts are by date only and it's harder to ignore topics that you are not interested in.

He's much better on Radio than TV I have to say. He might come out with the odd gaff but he's a very clever interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Pat's podcasts are really good. They are well organised, edited and concise and make for good listening. He is a really good interviewer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Thread fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

creekcryer.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It was his in the first place! Oh, you mean the other kind of gaff.
    The other kind is a gaffe. I thought this thread was about his house / border dispute :)

t_HB0822.landblack.jpg
    Havent tried the Kenny podcasts.. Have to say though, the first hour of the Kenny program is class, but the section from 11.00 to 11.30 is always sooooo boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Yeah I think Pat was being his typical witty self.

You forgot this :rolleyes: as I assume you can't be serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Epic fail

Just heard it on the news today.. The government is selling the HIV.. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

t_HB0822.landblack.jpg

WANT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Gaffe

Advertisement