Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC is open whohohoooo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Knowing that KFC was opening here soon and having never actually had KFC previously(shocking I know), I indulged in some KFC in Dublin recently, in preparation for it's opening. On that particular day I happened to have my dog with me. I can't say I liked it very much, but then southern fried chicken wouldn't be my thing anyway; so the dog got most of it; He liked it tho:p

It gives people an alternative to Supermacs and Subway (we have a ridiculous amount of these in the city) and other fast foods, and is creating a few jobs in the process. Each to their own in terms of the food they eat/like/crave. A KFC once in a while isn't going to kill anybody.

I'll just go back to my blind hoping for a Wagamama:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

And A Nandos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Mmmm ..... delicious!

kfcbrainage.jpg

+1

Or any 'fast food' option that is exotic, tasty and healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Each to their own in terms of the food they eat/like/crave.

I'd much prefer to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I'd much prefer to judge.

We'll get you a gown and wig so that you can look the part:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's really depressing how happy people are to see a fast 'food' place open.

I never get depressed at seeing people happy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

It amazes me how 'small minded" people get when people express their dislike of international food chains opening in Galway.....

Isn't there ****ing enough already. You have the whole lot of them here now, and yes it may get people off the dole etc. but how sustainable is employment in a fast food restaurant? Also what about the other local IRISH food businesses it directly affects? Cafes and restaurants are struggling enough out there as it is without every US food chain arriving in Galway City and offering absolute ****E in the name of the food very VERY inexpensively. Yes, this to you may be a great "deal" but it's not. They make a huge mark up as there is **** all chicken in it at all and mostly everything else is synthetic.
    I say this as an observer. I am not involved in the food industry at all! I just believe in natural food.....
    Also is it crazy to say that when I was driving around Galway today I thought people looked noticeably fatter. I absolutely mean it. I saw several morbidly obese people...and I mean OBESE. Merely an observation! Have the Yanks landed for the summer already?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Cathal01 wrote: »
    It amazes me how 'small minded" people get when people express their dislike of international food chains opening in Galway.....

Isn't there ****ing enough already. You have the whole lot of them here now, and yes it may get people off the dole etc. but how sustainable is employment in a fast food restaurant? Also what about the other local IRISH food businesses it directly affects? Cafes and restaurants are struggling enough out there as it is without every US food chain arriving in Galway City and offering absolute ****E in the name of the food very VERY inexpensively. Yes, this to you may be a great "deal" but it's not. They make a huge mark up as there is **** all chicken in it at all and mostly everything else is synthetic.
    I say this as an observer. I am not involved in the food industry at all! I just believe in natural food.....
    Also is it crazy to say that when I was driving around Galway today I thought people looked noticeably fatter. I absolutely mean it. I saw several morbidly obese people...and I mean OBESE. Merely an observation! Have the Yanks landed for the summer already?

Market forces and nobody is forced to eat in them;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It really doesn't look finished does it? I couldn't believe it was open when I passed it. I'm a fan o' KFC but it just looked a little depressing as a building!

galwayrush wrote: »
    Market forces and nobody is forced to eat in them;)

Did I say anybody was forced? My post is completely and utterly about how I'm amazed people would choose to eat there considering what it is you are actually eating.....

• Advertisement

It really doesn't look finished does it? I couldn't believe it was open when I passed it. I'm a fan o' KFC but it just looked a little depressing as a building!

To be fair, I think it looks quite nice. I'm glad it's not some enormous white and red eyesore plonked at the end of the motorway. I think the stone gives it an upmarket look....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I live up the road from it and called in to see it. The place was MOBBED!! and the drive thru was backed out to the entrance.

My 1st KFC in 5 years id say. It'll be the same again before I go back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

cooperguy wrote: »
    I live up the road from it and called in to see it. The place was MOBBED!! and the drive thru was backed out to the entrance.

My 1st KFC in 5 years id say. It'll be the same again before I go back.

Hehehe.
    Not good eh?
    I wonder is it the only place in Galway that does chicken gravy?

Must pop in tomorrow or at the weekend for a bucket of mild bowel discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I don't understand the obsession we seem to have in Galway with fastfood. I just find most of it rather tasteless. It's not a snobbery thing, it's just not proper food to me. I've never eaten in KFC, it's not made from 100% chicken from what the Net informs me, that said I don't believe everything I read. Is it expensive compared to other fast food places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

KFC chicken could actually be made from shriveled donkey arse hair but it sure does taste good when you are hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm gonna get so fat with this just up the road from me.

Did they put a roof on it or is there a seating area outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

A few bits....
    They were finishing a few bits of this morning on the outside and inside, when I went past again at lunch it was open.
    I think the part without the roof is actually a smoking/eating area with a roof that MAY be retractable but I havent been in there to confirm. There was defo no roof on that area this afternoon.
    I personally hate KFC myself, never liked their menus or prices to be honest and never thought the chicken actually tasted that good. That said lots of people love them and there was a queue of cars there today which brings me onto the next point which has been mentioned.
    The WHOLE traffic management (or lack thereof) in that location is a joke. I have said it before but there have been umpteen "minorish" accidents at that junction so far and its only a matter of time before there is something more serious. The junction is a mess, particularily for anyone coming out of Dunnes to turn right.
    I would have preferred to see something a bit different than a generic fast food joint going in there but thems the breaks, a few extra low paid jobs.

The actual build has been going on for a good few months now but the actual internal fitout didnt take so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

do not get chips in kfc u have been warned:eek: shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is it a drive-thru?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

schween wrote: »
    It's really depressing how high and mighty the opening of a fast food place makes some people...
    I like the odd bit of fast food like anyone else. I just don't get the excitement there is over another chain restaurant opening in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it a drive-thru?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Any particular reason why??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

s_carnage wrote: »
    Any particular reason why??
    They're fairly rubbish.

Popcorn chicken on the other hand is coated in a special blend of 11 herbs and WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it a drive-thru?
    The drive through actually cuts across the front door so be warned if it's late and you're drunk.
    Also the steps up to the next floor are too narrow, people can't pass each other easily.

Totally agree, they're horrible...go for the Gravy Mash instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Do they deliver?

It's just too far to go just for take away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Clucking great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

biko wrote: »
    Also the steps up to the next floor are too narrow, people can't pass each other easily.

Only gonna get worse TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭catmelodian

Miserable fat slobs of Galway rejoice.

• Advertisement

Miserable fat slobs of Galway rejoice.

No longer Miserable ;)

I have to say though it couldn't be in a worse spot. The traffic there at lunch today was simpy crazy...Whoever the clown was that allowed the planning to pass should be shot.

Also for anyone in Parkmore it's nice to have another alternative for lunch seeing as there's not a decent place for lunch anywhere near by except maybe Bethlehem

Advertisement