Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC is open whohohoooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

BTW - I've heard they ran out of CHICKEN over there yesterday. Not sure if they are restocked yet.
    The place has looked mental any time I've passed this week.
    BTW - Jack Jordans, in Doughiska is as nice as any for your takeaway food and not as busy/expensive for its chicken stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

kippy wrote: »
    BTW - I've heard they ran out of CHICKEN over there yesterday.

kippy wrote: »
    Yanks - Fail

Give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

mikom wrote: »

Interesting, they are all black. Were the news crew trying to push the black people love fried chicken stereotype?

I hate American style news reports, "tonight customers were ... clucking ... their disapproval". **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

The traffic is still mental there. What idiots granted planning permission for this? I wish kfc was bulldozed in the morning.

And it shows what utter morons people are. Queuing for hours to buy battery farm breed chicken coated in a greasy breadcrumbs in a cardboard bucket.

No wonder obesity is such a serious problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The traffic is still mental there. What idiots granted planning permission for this? I wish kfc was bulldozed in the morning.

And it shows what utter morons people are. Queuing for hours to buy battery farm breed chicken coated in a greasy breadcrumbs in a cardboard bucket.

What idiots granted planning permission to a fastfood restaurant in a shopping centre?
    LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I think its time for a bit of happyness in this thread instead of ranting about water filled chicken and traffic, so ........

Woooooooooohhooooooooooooooo KFC is open!

I love fooooooooooood

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Yum, kentucky fried cancer!

thats a bit much now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I love fooooooooooood

Then you might want to steer clear of KFC, hi-ooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As opposed to say, people queuing for hours at a busy bar to order pints. Because I'm sure you've never done that. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

anyone know what time they're open til this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Made my first trip to KFC yesterday evening. Queues inside were crazy and so was the queue for the drive-thru: main road and roundabout were actually blocked for a while before staff started turning cars away from joining the drive-thru queue. Should settle down after a while.

I usually get a take away once a week at most and it's nice to have another option.

"Miserable fat slobs of Galway rejoice" <--- get over yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

where did all people who que for kfc eat before it opend. i promised my son who is 7 tomorrow that we will go to the drive through on his birthday. all ive seen the big que,s .. we will be one of them on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That made me laugh..................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

galwayrush wrote: »
    and of course a few more jobs.

A couple of people have mentioned the creation of a few jobs with this as being an example of how this is a good thing to happen. Not having been around Galway or Ireland for the past year, it shows me just how bad things have gotten that a few minimum wage fast food "jobs" that 3 years ago would have had to be filled by foreigners (because we irish thought it beneath us) is now such a good thing.

As for KFC itself.. when they opened in Athlone I popped in one or twice out of curiousity. I thought the chicken too greasy, the chips horrendous, and the coke sickly sweet. If this new craze lasts more than a week I'll be amazed... and horrified

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I remember being in college in Athlone when that one opened and everyone was shocked at how sh1t KFC was and they all went back to Bethlehem and Burger King and Supermacs etc, I ate their once and thought the chicken had a weird washing up liquid aftertaste to it and it was way overpriced, Supermacs snackbox forever. Cant believe this Galway one is so popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hynes93

I LOVE KFC!!

so glad it finally came to Galway!!
    A neighbour of mine was talking to the Manager of KFC Briarhill and has heard within 2012 AT LEAST 2 more outlets will open, most likely within walking distance of Shop St. (ie, Corbett Court) and one out in the general Salthill-Barna area.

like a bloody bus,you wait ages for one to come then 3 come along at once!!!!

Hynes93 wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine was talking to the Manager of KFC Briarhill and has heard within 2012 AT LEAST 2 more outlets will open, most likely within walking distance of Shop St. (ie, Corbett Court) and one out in the general Salthill-Barna area.

Galway boardsies....

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I headed down on Friday and Saturday but the queues were ridiculously long so turned away. Hoping I might be able to get some today but have a feeling the queues will be even longer.
    Stky10 wrote: »
    A couple of people have mentioned the creation of a few jobs with this as being an example of how this is a good thing to happen. Not having been around Galway or Ireland for the past year, it shows me just how bad things have gotten that a few minimum wage fast food "jobs" that 3 years ago would have had to be filled by foreigners (because we irish thought it beneath us) is now such a good thing.

Why do you say 'jobs'? Whether your making minimum wage or coming out with a million a month a job is a job at the end of the day.

Also, this created more than a 'few minimum wage fast food' jobs. Do you think KFC erected itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I doesn't show you anything to be honest. A few less people needing hand outs from the state to get by which is great. Yes, many Irish people did think certain jobs were beneath them during the boom - one good thing that has come from this recession is that people like that have been brought firmly back down to reality; no job is beneath you if you are unemployed and the job pays minimum wage at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

never will we go to the drive through again, we just came back from it as a birthday treat for our 7 year old, we orderd the VALUE BUCKET 19.99 with 16 pieces of chiken and 6 chips, hubbie wanted 2 xtra chip and a coke, so the wan said that would be 25.50. so of we went to the second window. she asked us was it the value bucket and 2xtra chip and coke and we said yes it was, hubbie gave her the money she gave out the food, it was big so we didnt cop it that the xtra we orderd wasnt in it, plus the chips were cold. my hubbie went demented so he high speed it to SUPERMAX to get 4 big chip. and they were so hot when he came back. KFC CHICKEN is all oiley and watery, the bottom of the bucket was swimming in it, feel a bit queezzzy now from the bit of chicken i had while waiting for supermac chips. this was our first and last time to that yeuck place.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Johnny Zimbabwe

cats.life wrote: »
    never will we go to the drive through again, we just came back from it as a birthday treat for our 7 year old, we orderd the VALUE BUCKET 19.99 with 16 pieces of chiken and 6 chips, hubbie wanted 2 xtra chip and a coke, so the wan said that would be 25.50. so of we went to the second window. she asked us was it the value bucket and 2xtra chip and coke and we said yes it was, hubbie gave her the money she gave out the food, it was big so we didnt cop it that the xtra we orderd wasnt in it, plus the chips were cold. my hubbie went demented so he high speed it to SUPERMAX to get 4 big chip. and they were so hot when he came back. KFC CHICKEN is all oiley and watery, the bottom of the bucket was swimming in it, feel a bit queezzzy now from the bit of chicken i had while waiting for supermac chips. this was our first and last time to that yeuck place.:mad:

Do you work for Supermacs? ;)

Another dump i wouldn't dare go into

Traffic still mental up there at the moment.

I have no issue with planning putting food outlets near shopping centers, the issue with this shopping center is that its exit/entry onto the main road is a joke in the first place and more traffic on it is NOT a good thing.
    Yeah, the jobs building the place, staffing the place and ancillary jobs are welcomed no matter what the wages were/are.
    However, the food in KFC in general, from what I have seen (when I was in the UK) and heard is pure crap. As I mentioned there are some local takeways nearby which are far nicer and cheaper.

The traffic is probably just a short term thing, like most fads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hannahb

cats.life wrote: »

we went in there yesterday cued for 20 minutes in drive through:mad::mad::mad: then gave order then had to give order again at window :mad::mad:then had wait for a futher 15 min utes for food in aparking place service is terrible and chicken was awful wont be going there again will stick with supermac for our weekly treat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

KFC is muck, if you want really good deep fried chicken and you have 3 hours to kill (which seems to be the time people spend in that drive thru anyway) get thee to O'Connell St. in Limerick.

Chicken hut is so good you can practically feel your arteries harden as you eat it. Their gravy is so good that should I ever be so unfortunate to contract a terminal disease I want to spend my last few days hooked up to an IV of chicken hut gravy.

I'm actually glad I don't live too close but anytime I'm down that way I treat myself to a snack box with large gravy.. *drools*

Its time a rant thread was started for KFC, this one was supposed to be filled with happiness. Its only a phase that'll last a couple of weeks (which youve all said yourselves!) so sssshhh complaining the lot of ye and let us fatties have our 2weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Why do you say 'jobs'? Whether your making minimum wage or coming out with a million a month a job is a job at the end of the day.

Hurrah.. lets corner the market in these low skill jobs.. if we open another 10000 of them nationally.. and each one creates 20-30 jobs each.. no more unemployment crisis.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that the people working there have something to get out of bed for of a morning, and don't have to be reliant on handouts, but face it, they're rubbish 'mcjobs', handing out rubbish food to people who should know better.
    Also, this created more than a 'few minimum wage fast food' jobs. Do you think KFC erected itself?

Well not having seen the place yet, I can't comment for sure. But I'm sure that no doubt they had a crack team of architects working on the design of the place for months, and the highly intricate building process took only the most skilled construction workers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hurrah.. lets corner the market in these low skill jobs.. if we open another 10000 of them nationally.. and each one creates 20-30 jobs each.. no more unemployment crisis.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that the people working there have something to get out of bed for of a morning, and don't have to be reliant on handouts, but face it, they're rubbish 'mcjobs', handing out rubbish food to people who should know better.

Oh get down off your high horse. A job is a job. People with degree's, masters etc are looking for these jobs because there is nothing else out there. Would you prefer they stayed on the dole?

God forbid you lost your job would you be too good for a 'mcjob' and go on the dole? Is that more socially acceptable to you?
    Well not having seen the place yet, I can't comment for sure. But I'm sure that no doubt they had a crack team of architects working on the design of the place for months, and the highly intricate building process took only the most skilled construction workers :rolleyes:

Oh so brick layers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc. are all jobs beneath you as well? It doesn't matter if these were or weren't the best skilled workers in their field. At the end of the day they used the skills they learned in their 3 or 4 years or so in college/fas to get the job done.

I got my KFC fix today. 20mins in the Drive Thru which wasn't too bad.

I got a chicken caesar roll and gravy. It was gorgeous !

Advertisement