Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC is open whohohoooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

On a different thread Galway was described as being laid back not pretentious...ha ha ha! A job is a job. Also KFC is nice every once in a while just like Burger King, Supermacs or McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Oh man.

KFC in Galway?

LAst time I left Galway, Burger King opened, I leave again and KFC set up.

What a city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Oh man.

KFC in Galway?

LAst time I left Galway, Burger King opened, I leave again and KFC set up.

What a city.

Any chance you could leave for a month to see if we could get a hooters?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mikom wrote: »
    Any chance you could leave for a month to see if we could get a hooters?
    Just bring some supermacs into the strip club, they don't like it when you bring fried chicken for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

It's really depressing how happy people are to see a fast 'food' place open.

-exactly - very sad! I felt like it the middle of nowhere about 20 years ago!

• Advertisement

Hynes93 wrote: »
    I LOVE KFC!!

so glad it finally came to Galway!!
    A neighbour of mine was talking to the Manager of KFC Briarhill and has heard within 2012 AT LEAST 2 more outlets will open, most likely within walking distance of Shop St. (ie, Corbett Court) and one out in the general Salthill-Barna area.

like a bloody bus,you wait ages for one to come then 3 come along at once!!!!

-wow ,go celebrate with chickens!

I think its time for a bit of happyness in this thread instead of ranting about water filled chicken and traffic, so ........

Woooooooooohhooooooooooooooo KFC is open!

I love fooooooooooood

-if you love food, you shouldn't love crap like KFC ,supermacs etc -this shouldnt be called FOOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

KFC is muck, if you want really good deep fried chicken and you have 3 hours to kill (which seems to be the time people spend in that drive thru anyway) get thee to O'Connell St. in Limerick.

Chicken hut is so good you can practically feel your arteries harden as you eat it. Their gravy is so good that should I ever be so unfortunate to contract a terminal disease I want to spend my last few days hooked up to an IV of chicken hut gravy.

I'm actually glad I don't live too close but anytime I'm down that way I treat myself to a snack box with large gravy.. *drools*

used to be a great spot too, if ya fancied watching the occasional open air boxing match outside the door!! it had good chicken in the 90's as well in fairness..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

what are the opening hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

what are the opening hours?
    why? do you want cold food? go to iceland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 grainnek

tried it at the weekend to see what all the hype was about.Not worth the 30 min wait....chips cold and chicken not great.
    I should have went to Jack Jordans for proper home cut chips.They are cooked to order and definetly worth the wait.I think their chicken is nicer too

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

cats.life wrote: »
    why? do you want cold food? go to iceland.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Maja wrote: »
    -if you love food, you shouldn't love crap like KFC ,supermacs etc -this shouldnt be called FOOD!

i do love food, its why i cook 99% of my meals from scratch. but ya know what its nice to sit on my arse once in awhile and enjoy a birra crap food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

grainnek wrote: »
    tried it at the weekend to see what all the hype was about.Not worth the 30 min wait....chips cold and chicken not great.
    I should have went to Jack Jordans for proper home cut chips.They are cooked to order and definetly worth the wait.I think their chicken is nicer too

2 out of 4 posts are about Jack Jordans....hmmm.

just before my lunch....guess what was on my mind!...other post before lunch was also on food:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was just thinking that to. :D

(Hopefully they're a big fatty fatty lard ass who just likes to eat a lot of Jack Jordans 'cause I loose respect for business's when they try pimp them out.)

sorry guys im far from a big fatty fatty lard ass but i do like to eat in Jack jordans....only giving my opinion on my latest experience in KFC as this is what this thread is all about (not insulting the contributors!)

grainnek wrote: »
    sorry guys im far from a big fatty fatty lard ass but i do like to eat in Jack jordans....only giving my opinion on my latest experience in KFC as this is what this thread is all about (not insulting the contributors!)

I was only joking!

I agree with you that Jack Jordans is better quality (in a take-away food sense) than KFC but sometimes its nice for a change.

Plus: Jack Jordans don't do gravy !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah why does nobody in Galway do chicken gravy?

i know ...thats why i went to KFC...for a change!.I just hope that Jack Jordans dont get pushed out altogether by the big cats...its been great since they arrived.The take away that was there before was rubbish but i suppose at least now we have the two to choose from.I reckon in a few weeks the queues up there probably wont be as bad and might make the overall experience a bit better

As for chicken gravy not something i would go for...love salt and vinegar too much:D

• Advertisement

Is there a new chipper where Jogo pizza used to be as well?
    In ballybane near the xtravision.

Yeah why does nobody in Galway do chicken gravy?

I don't think I've ever seen chicken gravy in any chipper.

It's one of the only reasons I grave KFC. I'd drink that gravy, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Is there a new chipper where Jogo pizza used to be as well?
    In ballybane near the xtravision.

Seems to be alright, was passing by there this morning and noticed a new sign up. Looks like they might be still working on the frontage so mightn't be open just yet. Think I must sample this Jack Jordan place tomorrow evening as i'd say it's still a bit soon to head to KFC. Will hold off until the buzz about the place lightens or I need a greasy hangover cure and can't be bothered getting out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

s_carnage wrote: »
    Think I must sample this Jack Jordan place tomorrow evening
    It worked!

s_carnage wrote: »
    Seems to be alright, was passing by there this morning and noticed a new sign up. Looks like they might be still working on the frontage so mightn't be open just yet. Think I must sample this Jack Jordan place tomorrow evening as i'd say it's still a bit soon to head to KFC. Will hold off until the buzz about the place lightens or I need a greasy hangover cure and can't be bothered getting out of the car.

I was in KFC yesterday.
    Queued and was served very quickly. This was about 10 to 7.
    Nice smoking area I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

Anyone know the opening hours without giving me some stupid ass answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Where and what is a Jack Jordan?

Has it quietened down out at the KFC yet, I'll be passing by again on Thursday or Friday for my weekly fix. I'' be out there at around 2ish I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Now all we need is Wendys or a Taco Bell and we would be spolit for choice when we have the munchies.. A Sbarro would be nice aswell.

Anyone know the opening hours without giving me some stupid ass answer?

00:00:00 - is the time it will be in the MESZ Timezone when it closes. It's only a stupid answer if you can't figure it out...OOhhhh!
    ScumLord wrote: »
    Where and what is a Jack Jordan?

It's a fancy chipper on the Doughiska Rd where Centra and the hairdressers is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i know, lets all go to jack jordans where ever that is.:D

Advertisement