Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC is open whohohoooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Stky10 wrote: »
    they're rubbish 'mcjobs', handing out rubbish food to people who should know better.

Are they better or worse than:
    - selling overpriced "designer" homewares to folks who have enough junk in their houses already?
    - clamping the cars of folks who've just parked in the wrong place for a few minutes?
    - patrolling the streets looking for people who're breaking petty bylaws
    - sitting in a box at the entrance to a car-parking building talking the money off people who are leaving
    - pulling pints in a pub for people who should know better than to drink so many

Etc????

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

JustMary wrote: »
    Are they better or worse than:
    - selling overpriced "designer" homewares to folks who have enough junk in their houses already?
    - clamping the cars of folks who've just parked in the wrong place for a few minutes?
    - patrolling the streets looking for people who're breaking petty bylaws
    - sitting in a box at the entrance to a car-parking building talking the money off people who are leaving
    - pulling pints in a pub for people who should know better than to drink so many

Etc????
    Nothin wrong with any of them jobs ffs thats a horrible way of describing them. Nothin wrong with kfc jobs either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

moralising in this thread is somethign else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its got a secret blend of eleven high horses that makes you keep coming back for more though. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Pretty disappointed with it, had it last night. Chicken wasn't as nice as it usually is. Also whats the deal with the small choice?...no extra crispy recipe wtf?...Original Recipe should be called Only Recipe..bummer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Clemon wrote: »
    Nothin wrong with any of them jobs ffs thats a horrible way of describing them. Nothin wrong with kfc jobs either

That was pretty much my point.

I reckon I could describe pretty much any job that way, if I put my mind to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Wompa1 wrote: »
    no extra crispy recipe wtf?

A little part of me died when you said that boohoo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can it be fried, does it taste like chicken?

They have extra crispy chicken strips...but not the full on chicken. Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

and pontificating who say oh we need to cut it back to the Northern Ireland system;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

and pontificating who say oh we need to cut it back to the Northern Ireland system;)

I simple love the word pontificating. God bless that crazy man on Frontline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

what do people make of the drive thru? went there last night, hadnt planned on it but was only few cars so said id pop in for something small. a guy at the entrance handed in a menu but couldnt see any of the 99c/€1.49 deals they usually have on and the menu boards are staggered one behind the other so thought they were kinda hard to read ..but wasnt til i drove on after giving order that i realised there was a 3rd menu board up with all the 99c deals on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Did anyone see

Britain's Really Disgusting Food:Meat on bbc3 last night?

If you did, I doubt you'd be who-hoo'ing over much about KF-Muck today.

It was absolutely revolting. But showed how you could make a Chicken Kiev with only 10% "meat". Then bulk it up to 19% "meat" with fat and sinew.

It showed all the chicken products made from reformed meat and various other dodgy bits. Surprise, surprise nothing but chicken popcorn and nuggets and burgers battered in various things.

If you are happy to eat take-away and cheap, processed food, then I think this program will inform you of the practices of the industry.

Did anyone see

It was absolutely revolting. But showed how you could make a Chicken Kiev with only 10% "meat". Then bulk it up to 19% "meat" with fat and sinew.

It showed all the chicken products made from reformed meat and various other dodgy bits. Surprise, surprise nothing but chicken popcorn and nuggets and burgers battered in various things.

If you are happy to eat take-away and cheap, processed food, then I think this program will inform you of the practices of the industry.

Hey I'm trying to eat lunch over here!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtdCxGosUQ

Did anyone see

That's how food in general is made. Don't think the stuff you buy in supervalue or Lidl is any better. 99% of chicken that's bought and sold in the world suffers horribly. Also don't think that the whole chicken you buy is any better. That things been mutated and pumped full of water too.

I've been to a chipper that sold me a disgustingly mutated drumstick the thing was massive, others probably thought it was great value, I almost get sick, the thing had extra muscles for gods sake.

KFCs doesn't look to bad size wise so I'd assume they're not using the massive birds that can't walk and sit around in their own faeces.

Any meat that's not whole is going to be cut down with fillers. Any meat from anyone, the only place you'll get good meat is from a butchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Did anyone see

Whatever about chicken but the only waste from a beef factory are the hooves and kidneys. The lowest grade meat goes into dog and cat food and processed food like low end frozen burgers and ready meals. I dated a vet who did stints at one of the plants and he said the whole thing is pretty revolting. dog and cat food is made up of mostly mung tissue and that's why they love it so much:eek:

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's how food in general is made. Don't think the stuff you buy in supervalue or Lidl is any better. 99% of chicken that's bought and sold in the world suffers horribly. Also don't think that the whole chicken you buy is any better. That things been mutated and pumped full of water too.

Not disagreeing with you for a second there. Whether it's sold in a chipper or from a shiny supermarket freezer, you can have a fairly good idea of the mucky stuff.

Just thought it might make for interesting viewing for people.

There's been a few accusations of "food snobbery" over the course of this thread so I thought it might be useful for people to see what really goes into the food and why it absolutely horrifies some people.

If you decide that you still want to eat it after viewing the facts then ultimately it's everyone's personal decision.

Not disagreeing with you for a second there. Whether it's sold in a chipper or from a shiny supermarket freezer, you can have a fairly good idea of the mucky stuff.

Just thought it might make for interesting viewing for people.

There's been a few accusations of "food snobbery" over the course of this thread so I thought it might be useful for people to see what really goes into the food and why it absolutely horrifies some people.

If you decide that you still want to eat it after viewing the facts then ultimately it's everyone's personal decision.
    Well it's actual food, we've become all to used to the prime fillet in this country, allot of people around here would cut the fillet out of the animal and throw the rest in the bin. Every piece of the animal should be used and none of it should go to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I would like to congratulate Galway's planners and architects on yet another project for which they can hold their heads in shame

Tourists are really going to be impressed with a garish KFC stuck on a roundabout on their entrance to the City

It almost beats Leitrim's planners and architects in allowing the ugly KFC and shopping centre that they allowed to be built as one enters Carrick on Shannon

A fine testament these cathedrals are to the skill and vision of Irish Architecture.

The tourists are impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The American tourists sure will like it though.
    Nothing like a touch of home when you're away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

had some KFC during the week, not great, pretty meh tbh

We need a wagamama

biko wrote: »
    The American tourists sure will like it though.
    Nothing like a touch of home when you're away.

The main demographic of American Tourist in Ireland dont touch KFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I couldn't care less if the KFC gravy is made out of testicles or feet or babies. I like it and that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Barname wrote: »

Lol done a survey have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

No, they pour it straight from the bucket down their gullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Goddammit this thread never dies. It is interesting to see the amount of posts this thread and threads like it gets compared to other stuff you'd think would be more newsworthy.

I'm from a small village and I remember back in the 80's when Maccas opened in the closest city. I was like 9 I think, it was amazing. But in 2010, it is not so amazing anymore.

On the topic of chicken, where ever you go here, KFC -which I would consider one of the worst places- or to like a restaurant/pub (with very few exceptions) the chicken is boiled dry in the pan than fried, including when people cook it at home, but people seem to like it so...If I was a chicken I would be proper offended if i wasn't cooked right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

really?

how many times have you seen them down quay street, looking at all the lovely restaurants serving fresh food - when one of them pipes up - "is there a mcdonalds in this town". it's like as if they are afraid of healthy fresh food produce.

have not eaten at KFC and won't go out of my way to - ye want a nice meal - head to kebab hut for a chicken kebab, fresh salad and chilli sauce. a hell of a lot healthier than chicken steeped in grease.

really?

how many times have you seen them down quay street, looking at all the lovely restaurants serving fresh food - when one of them pipes up - "is there a mcdonalds in this town". it's like as if they are afraid of healthy fresh food produce.

have not eaten at KFC and won't go out of my way to - ye want a nice meal - head to kebab hut for a chicken kebab, fresh salad and chilli sauce. a hell of a lot healthier than chicken steeped in grease.

You need to read my post, I didnt mention McDonalds.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well it's actual food, we've become all to used to the prime fillet in this country, allot of people around here would cut the fillet out of the animal and throw the rest in the bin. Every piece of the animal should be used and none of it should go to waste.

I agree wtih you, but I think there is a very big difference between say using something like kidneys, which people wouldn't be crazy about eating if they were served on a plate, (for example), in pates or a spaghetti bolognaise, and forcing bones through a mechanical press, getting something that can't even be called meat and packaging it up so it gives the impression that it's a crumb coated chicken breast.

• Advertisement

swe_fi wrote: »
    .If I was a chicken I would be proper offended if i wasn't cooked right.
    Ye chickens are so picky.. :rolleyes:
    I agree wtih you, but I think there is a very big difference between say using something like kidneys, which people wouldn't be crazy about eating if they were served on a plate, (for example), in pates or a spaghetti bolognaise, and forcing bones through a mechanical press, getting something that can't even be called meat and packaging it up so it gives the impression that it's a crumb coated chicken breast.
    7 billion people dude. Seven!

Although it's all done for profit not to feed the population. Overall it can be done safely it's just they take the piss sometimes.

Food is something we should be prepared to pay good money for.

Advertisement