Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC is open whohohoooo

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Barname wrote: »
    You need to read my post, I didnt mention McDonalds.

no, you didn't have to - I see it every day - I'm sure if it was a KFC on Shop Street instead of McDonalds you would still have them rushing in, for fear of trying anything organic, fresh, healthy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I would like to congratulate Galway's planners and architects on yet another project for which they can hold their heads in shame

Tourists are really going to be impressed with a garish KFC stuck on a roundabout on their entrance to the City

It's a long way from the city centre, and besides, they might arrive via a different road, or even by train..:pac:
    Seriously, i doubt if it will bother them.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wexler12 wrote: »
    Where is it?
    Which direction are you coming at it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I couldn't care less if the KFC gravy is made out of testicles or feet or babies. I like it and that's all that matters.

jasus, total glossectomy then? I suppose, apart from the taste side of things, one doesn't even need a tongue as the crud doesn't even need to be consciously chewed and swallowed, it just slides down..... :D

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Wexler12 wrote: »
    Where is it?

Briar Hill,next to Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Jaysus, if only KFC could deep-fry all the high horses on this thread we'd never go hungry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

its not that busey this weekend , it was wedged last week with cold chips and chicken swimming in a bucket of oilywater..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cats.life wrote: »
    its not that busey this weekend , it was wedged last week with cold chips and chicken swimming in a bucket of oilywater..

Really, went in solely with the intention to just sneer at the food did you?

Really, went in solely with the intention to just sneer at the food did you?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

No, really. Did you go there to eat? And if you ate there, were you personally served 'cold chips' and chicken 'swimming in oilywater'? Or is just this an assumption you made? Seeing as the place was, as you say, wedged, it would be nigh on impossible to serve anything cold, seeing as they actually managed to run out of chicken, demand was that high and food was continuously being cooked/served.

Are all those people so deeply grieved by the presence of KFC otherwise health enthusiasts? Do they also abstain from alcohol, processed foods, deserts? Are they in peak physical condition, fit, healthy and toned? Somehow, I seriously doubt it.
    Tourists are really going to be impressed with a garish KFC stuck on a roundabout on their entrance to the City

Tourists from where - a mystical land where fast food chains don't exist? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I would like to congratulate Galway's planners and architects on yet another project for which they can hold their heads in shame

It almost beats Leitrim's planners and architects in allowing the ugly KFC and shopping centre that they allowed to be built as one enters Carrick on Shannon

A fine testament these cathedrals are to the skill and vision of Irish Architecture.

The tourists are impressed.

Are you serious? who seriously says to themselves when the enter a city "omg is that a KFC?, that is a disgrace, i dont want to see a KFC coming into a city!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I see that the ghost and spawn of Anglo Irish Bank is alive and well in the land of the septic tiger

'In the Country of the Blind the One-Eyed Man is King'

peace out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, the level of cars the since Thursday evening has dropped off significantly. These things always wear off I suppose and eventually get to a normal level.

No, really. Did you go there to eat? And if you ate there, were you personally served 'cold chips' and chicken 'swimming in oilywater'? Or is just this an assumption you made? Seeing as the place was, as you say, wedged, it would be nigh on impossible to serve anything cold, seeing as they actually managed to run out of chicken, demand was that high and food was continuously being cooked/served.

Are all those people so deeply grieved by the presence of KFC otherwise health enthusiasts? Do they also abstain from alcohol, processed foods, deserts? Are they in peak physical condition, fit, healthy and toned? Somehow, I seriously doubt it.

Tourists from where - a mystical land where fast food chains don't exist? :rolleyes:
    we went last sunday as a treat for our 7 year old, other wise we never go to fast food ,maybe once a month , but last sunday we went to see what the fuss was about , we qued for 15mins that was ok but the food as i said was cold and swimming..MR catslife pals went to check it out aswell same story all they got was cold. id say what they do is cook loads of chips knowing that they will be eaten as they were busey , i didnt eat any of the chicken or chips cos i know id feel sick if did, so hubbie went to supermac. little lad was disapointed after waiting so long for kfc to open ,he loves chips but he tasted them he wouldnt finished them..why is it that the drive tru chips are cold but when you go into the sit down part they are ok so i hear.

What I really recommend then, is wait til all the fuss and novelty is gone and it's considered just another place to eat in Galway. Try KFC then, I guarantee a better experience.

Any time my friends and I ventured to Athlone for KFC in the last couple of months, we found that branch to be fairly quiet as it has been there for years and people pay more or less little heed to it. A couple of families at other tables and the like, but not packed in any shape or form. The food you receive then, is... "stellar" is the only word I can think of.

Any place that expects to be insanely busy will pre-cook food and just keep it warm, and it will always be mank. Whether it be a popular upmarket restaurant or a kebab stand at the Galway races.

Please don't close you're minds to KFC just yet people. Give it another go in a wee whileen. I promise you'll (probably) not be (as) disappointed. (unless you're a pontificating health food twat)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Any time my friends and I ventured to Athlone for KFC in the last couple of months... (unless you're a pontificating health food twat)

I'm not a health food twat but I'm gobsmacked.... do you go to Athlone solely to eat in KFC? :eek:

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    do you go to Athlone solely to eat in KFC? :eek:

Yep. Used to do it once a month with friends. 45 minutes on the motorway and a nice little day in Athlone to boot.

Everyone has their vices, for some people it's gambling, for others it's sniffing bicycle saddles, for me and mine... seasoned golden fried chicken á la Colonel Sanders.

nom nom nom nom :pac:........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Great thread! :D

I really don't get why people give two fcuks about what other people eat. Get over yerselves will ye!:pac:

Advertisement