Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spokes

• 26-05-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I snapped a spoke on the front wheel at the Croi cycle last weekend, the wheels are Easton EA 90 SLX bought from Chain Reaction. I checked their website and found that these wheels are no longer continued but I found their replacements EA 90 SL. I checked in the spoke section and saw DT spokes but I dont know if these are suitable or even what is the correct one to order. According to the specificaiton on the wheels, the spokes are sapim bb 2.0/1.7/2.0. A friend of mine will change the spoke for me but firstly I have to buy a repalcement.
    Your help would be appreciated ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

A DT spoke should be fine, as long as it matches the existing spoke in length and ideally (mainly for comparable strength) dimensions along the length (preferable to have it match in weight too, but as any weight difference should only be negligible it's nothing to worry about). It may also have to fit the existing nipple if that nipple is not a standard size or not easy to remove. Probably best to get a Sapim spoke if you can, but otherwise any comparable spoke from another manufacturer should do.

Advertisement